No matter what kind of boat shipping services you buy, you’ll be held responsible for the vessel’s preparation before the transport begins. Most transporters have their preparation requirements already set according to standard shipping procedure.
Preparing the boat is extremely important for its safety as well as the safety of those carrying out its transport. If the vessel is improperly readied for the transport, it could cause serious harm.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Standard Prep Procedure for Boat Transport.
- All hazardous materials and dangerous items mustn’t stay behind. Remove all such items from the boat.
- Securely fasten all hatches and latches. You should tape or tie them down to assure reinforcement. Water shouldn’t have anyway in through the seams.
- Close and lock all windows, doors and other similar attachments that could possibly open.
- Take out any valuable goods, electronics, and anchors.
- Disable batteries and disconnect anything powered by electrical or gas.
- Write down any damages that the vessel has. Snap photos below and above the deck of the boat to have proof of its condition before it was handled by professionals.
- If the boat is transported during winter months, have it winterized. Drain all water. This includes checking all pumps, water systems, and air conditioners.
- Secure any loose gear and cables inside the boat or out on the deck.
- Lower or alter anything that heightens the boat past 13ft.
- Have all documents asked for ready in time for the transporter.
- Help the boat look its best by cleaning it thoroughly before the transport.
The insurance coverage provided by the boat transport company is invalid if the boat wasn’t prepared according to standard procedure. Most transporters will inspect the vessel before tying it to the appropriate boat carrier.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?