If you have the desire to ship a car to Malaysia, you’ll need to buy shipping services through an experienced international transport company. They deal with overseas transports and foreign import policies on a regular basis.
They also have the proper ships and gear to ensure a successful delivery. Fortunately, auto shipping services are inexpensive and easy to take advantage of.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When it comes to the cost of shipping, you must contact the transport companies with the potential of delivering your car and ask for a quote. Some transporters will have forms you can submit on their website to get a quote. They base the quote given off of your answers to their questions.
- What is the age and weight of the vehicle?
- What type of vehicle is being shipped?
- Where is the vehicle to be transported to and from?
- What transport method do you trust to ship your car to Malaysia?
Malaysia’s Import Duties and Tariffs.
Since Malaysia has two local auto manufacturers with support from their government, the country makes it difficult for foreign cars to enter. They did this by raising the import taxes. The excise duties for foreign cars can add up to 3x the amount of the car’s actual value. Although the high tax rates are frightening, contact the Embassy of Malaysia to ask what taxes you’re required to pay. Also ask them about the restrictions on vehicle import from the U.S.
If you have set your transport date in stone with the shipping company, start collecting the proof and paperwork requested by Customs. Make sure the documentation gathered includes the receipt to prove you paid the country’s taxes before the transport date.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory