Relocating can be a stressful event in more ways than one. By hiring a reputable transport company for car shipping services, you can guarantee the safe delivery of your vehicle. After finding the right transporter to go through for shipping services, start preparing for the transport process.
Remember that your car isn't the only one out for transport. The driver might have to make several stops before they arrive at your location. Make sure you follow any time restraints if you wish to have the car safely delivered.
To ship your car to another location, consider enclosed transport services. This offers more protection than other shipping methods. This service is set at a reasonable rate and easy for most individuals to afford. This shipping method will require some preparation. Usually, there is a standard procedure that the transport company will ask you to fulfill.
Standard Car Shipping Preparation.
- Check the gas reading. If there is more than 1/4 of a tank, drive around until it reads 1/4 or lower.
- If you have any lost objects hanging from the bike, remove them and transport them in a separate container.
- If your motorcycle has an alarm system, make sure to turn it off or give the transporter instructions on how to disable the alarm in the event of it going off.
- Check the bike for leaks.
- Top off the fluids and check the tire pressure.
What Determines the Cost of Enclosed Transport?
The cost of the shipping process is dependent on many factors. Every transport company sets their own rates. Shipping services range in price and style. Transporters like to present their customers with these options. Fortunately, these services are all known for being cost effective and budget friendly. When enclosed services are chosen, a quote is given after the transporter receives the make and model of the car along with other similar details.
Related Information & FAQ.
- More about enclosed auto transport carriers
- Cost to ship a car 1000 miles
- Enclosed car transport quotes & rates
- How to find the best enclosed auto shipping companies near you
- Read enclosed transport reviews online to find the right company to ship your car
- Use a reliable enclosed auto transport company to ship your car safely
- Use enclosed car transport in the USA to ship a car
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.