What are The advantages of shipping a car from the US to India?
Having a car shipped to another country isn’t something that can be done without the right equipment and experience. That’s why it is wise to hire a professional international transport company for the job.
Although it is difficult to comply with foreign auto import policies, professional transporters are familiar with the regulations and able to help make sure you meet the guidelines and restrictions set.
Not everyone considers shipping their personal vehicle from the United States to India whenever they plan to relocate. However, the advantages of using shipping services to have your own vehicle for traveling the country are more than worth the cost of the transport.
- Experienced overseas transport services will have the right equipment, trained employees and insurance coverage to assure a successful delivery.
- The transport company will help you obtain all of the proper documentation so that your vehicle can be cleared when it reaches port in India.
- International auto transport is cost effective.
- You can focus on other matters involved with the relocation while your car’s delivery is safely handled by the professionals.
- It will be easier to travel throughout India with your own vehicle than it would be to take public transit. Language and currency barriers make it difficult to leisurely explore.
- The risks involved with the overseas transport are lesser when you allow skilled transporters to carry out the delivery of the vehicle.
- Auto shipping services take much less time to see through a delivery. Some transporters even offer high priority services for faster ship times.
- Your shipping company will make sure that the car complies with India’s auto import policy. You may also want to call the Embassy of India a few weeks before the transport begins. They will give you all the information you need.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.