Shipping a motorcycle is a delicate process that requires a little preparation, the proper tools and some experience in order to achieve a successful delivery. An experienced motorcycle shipping company can provide a few options. Thousands of motorcycles are transported by commercial means every year and never fail to meet the expectations of the customer. Carefully consider the companies throughout Sumter and weigh out the pros and cons of all offered shipping services. Purchase the ones you feel safest with using for the motorcycle’s transport.
People that take advantage of a motorcycle shipping service can avoid inconveniences of transporting a motorcycle themselves such as paying for the price of fuel, unwanted mileage and dangerous traffic. For a low cost, a customer has their pick of the method they would like their bike to be delivered. From start to finish, a motorcycle is handled and transported with great care while it makes its way to its journey’s end.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing a Bike for Transport.
By completing this short list of priorities, the motorcycle has the best odds of getting delivered without incident. Preparing the bike as requested by the transport company heightens the security of the motorcycle and those handling the shipping process.
- Clean the motorcycle and assure it is free of all dirt.
- Check all fluids and top them off.
- Fill the tires with air if needed.
- Make sure the fuel tank is less than a ¼ full.
- Document and take pictures of any damage.
- Remove any items that weren’t manufactured with the bike such as the saddlebag.
Each transport company will have their own list of things they will want a customer to do before the bike can be shipped anywhere in the nation. Most of these procedures are throughout all transport companies. They are more dependent on the type of shipping method being used to ship the motorcycle.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?