Shipping a vehicle to a foreign country presents its challenges. This is why there are so many international transporters available. A professional shipping company’s knowledge, state of the art equipment, experience and resources allow them to ship you car to Yemen successfully.
They even give their customers extra comfort in knowing that their car is protected under the insurance policy they carry.
The process of international vehicle transport should begin first by your desire to find the right transport company. This will require some research and understanding of the transport delivery strategies for overseas deliveries. Once you feel that you have obtained enough knowledge, begin looking for transport companies with the services you need and a reputation that remains consistently positive. To better stay on top of everything involved in a vehicle’s safe delivery from the United States to Yemen, create a checklist of all you must have accomplished before the automobile is set to leave for its new surroundings.
Yemen Transport Checklist.
- Decide on a shipping method and transport company. Schedule your transport with them at least two months before you would like the vehicle to leave the United States to set out for Yemen. This will give you plenty of time to meet the country’s import regulations and prepare the vehicle accordingly.
- Contact the Embassy of Yemen right after you schedule the transport to take place. Be prepared with paper and a writing utensil. Write down all of the information given to you. It is absolutely imperative that those shipping to the country follow the import laws or your vehicle’s import will otherwise be denied.
- Gather all documents requested. Your license, passport, proof of paid tariffs, vehicle title and registration, and proof of residency are all common forms demanded by a foreign country. It doesn’t usually end there. The Customs office often requires other forms of proof such as certification stating the vehicle passed inspection.
- A few days before the scheduled transport, fulfill all that is asked of you by the transport company. Transport companies will demand that the vehicle is prepped a certain way to lessen any risks. The preparation of the vehicle also assures the safety of those conducting the shipping process. Usually the tasks given are easy to accomplish and as simple as cleaning the vehicle inside and out.
- If necessary, arrange a ride to the port ahead of the delivery date. It is very important that you are present on the day of the car’s arrival. A port will not hold a vehicle for any reason. You must be there to retrieve it shortly after it is released to the port.
- After the car is delivered, inspect the vehicle again for damages. Only this time, inspect it for scratches or other visible injuries that occurred during the transport. It isn’t at all common for damage to be done to a vehicle during its travels with transporters. As long as a reliable shipping company was hired, the vehicle usually arrives at port safe and sound.
The transport company is capable of handling most of the grunt work and will even help you understand what is needed to gain import approval. For anyone unfamiliar with international shipping, the assessment of the vehicle and costs of foreign taxes are perhaps one of the more confusing and expensive facets of the shipping process.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.