Safe And Reliable South San Francisco Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Our two-decade experience in motorcycle moving has given us an upper hand in motorcycle moving. We have grown, city after city, country after country, and today we are everywhere. Wherever you are, in town, any state in the US and even abroad, our South San Francisco Motorcycle Shipping Services team is ready and well equipped to help you move your motorcycle at affordable rates. We will give you an experience you will live to remember.
Different methods we will use to ship your motorcycle.
- Road transport: We use open trucks, motorcycle trailers and flat beds to transport your bike.
- Rail transport: This is a cheap method. It is however the slowest so you can use it if you are not time-constrained.
- Enclosed shipping: This is where we use enclosed trucks and other specialized equipment to transport the bikes. It is more expensive than the open air shipping method as it protects bikes from harsh weather and other harmful external elements. For this reason, it is most suitable where long distances are involved.
- Crated shipping: This is a very safe method most preferred for delicate bikes whereby the items are packed in a wooden crate aligned with special protective material on the inside. It however requires much preparation before packing the bikes.
- Air shipping: This is the fastest method but is expensive.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Washing it.
- Removing the motorcycle accessories or loose parts.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Checking the tire pressure and the fluid levels. Inflating the tires where necessary.
- Checking the engine.
- Ensuring that the gas level in the fuel tank does not exceed ¼ of the tank capacity.
- Get some professionals to do maintenance on your bike.
- Inspecting your bike for any damages/marks. Taking notes of the same and photos of the bike’s pre-shipment condition.
In case you will be shipping using the crated shipping option, you will have to disconnect the battery and drain the fluids. Also, some shippers may request that you remove protruding parts such as the handlebars.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Licensing and registration – Ask for a DOT number to ensure that they are registered and use this tool to check if everything is in order.
- Before you give them your motorcycle, make sure that they have a valid insurance cover. If an accident happens during the move, this cover will save you from having to incur high repair costs.
- Check with their past customers about their service delivery. You can check the customer reviews section on their company website, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp or even the Department of Transportation.
- Ask about their loading and offloading equipment and find out how they secure bikes onto their trucks. They should be well equipped to ensure that your bike is safe for the trip.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
A-1 Auto Transport has been offering motorcycle transportation services in South San Francisco for more than two decades. Want to know why you should work with us?
- We have a dedicated team of motorcycle enthusiasts who handle the shipping. They know their way around bikes and therefore know what to do to ensure that it is safe throughout the move.
- Having been in the industry for more than 20 years, we are experienced and competent enough to handle your bike.
- We are licensed to operate a bike-moving business in South San Francisco.
- All our trucks come with modern loading, offloading and securing equipment to ensure that the job is done properly and in the shortest time possible.
- We have a cargo insurance policy that keeps you protected in the event of any accidents.
Our South San Francisco Motorcycle Shipping Services
- Door to door services.
- Terminal to terminal.
- Enclosed carrier services.
- Open carrier services.
- Insurance cover.
- Shipping advisory services.
Contact Us Today
A-1 Auto transport services team has always delivered beyond expectation. This has earned us a name as the best motorcycle moving company in South San Francisco, the whole of the US and all the countries in the world. We have a robust system and modern equipment that will ensure wherever you are, you will get your motorcycle safe and within the agreed timelines. Call us on 18004522880 or contact us here and enjoy the experience.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.