Enclosed Vehicle Shipping
The question of whether you should ship your vehicle enclosed is typically pretty straightforward, but there are some cases when you may have to weigh the benefits against the cost. Standard auto transport is done on an open-air carrier with several other cars, usually between eight and 12, and is a perfectly safe and secure way to have a vehicle shipped.
Having said that, there are some circumstances which do warrant enclosed vehicle shipping, which is ultimately up to you as the owner. Generally speaking, the vehicles that are most frequently shipped in an enclosed carrier are luxury, classic, high-end, and vintage vehicles since they tend to have a higher value or are more delicate and require special handling and care throughout the shipping process. While these types of vehicles can be shipped using the standard method, an enclosed carrier provides the most protection, which is why owners tend towards enclosed shipping in most cases.
Is Enclosed Vehicle Shipping Right For You?
We mentioned some of the main reasons above as to why you might choose enclosed auto transport over open-air transport, but several other factors that could play into the decision as well. Here are some of the other reasons that our customers prefer enclosed shipping:
- The vehicle is protected from other potential issues that can cause damage, such as bad weather and debris that can kick up from the road during long hours on the highway.
- Some of our customers prefer the higher level of discretion provided by an enclosed carrier since the vehicle is completely covered in the cargo area of the truck.
- There is less chance of theft or vandalism. While these situations are a rarity, even on an open carrier, the possibility does exist and is far less likely when using enclosed transport.
- Enclosed shipping provides the highest level of security and privacy available in the transport industry.
- There are fewer vehicles moved at once in an enclosed carrier, which means that more attention and care can be provided to each vehicle.
- Door-to-door delivery is easier and can be more readily accommodated when using an enclosed carrier since the trucks are much smaller than an open-air carrier.
- The likelihood of spills and leaks from other cars causing damage is far lower since they are not stacked on two levels as they would be when using an open carrier.
- There is less shifting of the vehicle during the delivery since an enclosed carrier allows the transport company to fix it in place more securely.
If you have any questions about shipping a car, truck, motorcycle, or other types/another type of vehicle using an enclosed carrier, please give us a call today at (888) 230-9116 and we’ll be happy to assist. Our staff is available seven days a week and we’re always happy to help in any way we can.