How to Ship Trenchers
Aside from hiring a reliable and experienced licensed transporter to deliver your trencher, you can assure its safety by preparing it accordingly. All transport companies will carry slightly different preparation requirements but most of them based on your decide to have the trencher shipped.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Heavy Equipment Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Standard Preparation Requirements for Heavy Equipment Shipping
- If the heavy equipment is to be packaged for its transport, refer to the owner’s manual for proper packaging techniques and materials. If you don’t own the manual, contact the manufacturer or check their website.
- Disconnect any batteries or alarm systems
- Empty any fluids
- Secure all loose parts
- Make lots of room for the transport company to come retrieve the heavy equipment
- Have all the required permits ready or make sure the transporter has them ready in time
- Cover any parts of the equipment that you don’t want exposed to outside elements if it is being shipped by means of open air services
When all of the preparation requirements are fulfilled, you can expect a much safer delivery process. Not only does fulfilling the prep work lessen the risks for your piece of heavy machinery, but for those tending to its transport too.
For insurance purposes, preparation is also essential. If you fail to properly prepare the machinery for its transport, the insurance company may deny a claim if one is made. The insurance coverage carried by the transporter is required to at least meet the minimal requirements by law. For longer distances, try to purchase additional insurance coverage through the transporter or call your insurance agent to see if your own policy covers the value of the trencher while it is in the hands of the transport professionals.