How to Ship Cars by Air
It isn’t often that anyone takes advantage of air transport services especially for something as large and heavy as a vehicle. Nonetheless, there are individuals out there that prefer this method of transport. Shipping by air is the most expensive way to have anything transported. It is often too much for most to afford. When a customer chooses to use this method of car shipping, it is usually because they need the vehicle delivered as soon as possible. Air shipping is also a safe way to have your belongings delivered.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Preparing Your Car for Air Shipping
If you are shipping your car internationally, expect there to be a lot more involved. It may take a month at least to get all the preparation completed. Otherwise, for national air delivery, the car itself will take the most prep work and it shouldn’t take too long to get done.
- Wash the car. Make sure it is free of any dirt and debris. It should appear to be in its best condition.
- Clean out the interior of the car. Get rid of any garbage, vacuum it out and remove any items that don’t belong in the car including GPS systems and any other accessories you may have added since you purchased the vehicle. The car must be completely empty.
- Check the vehicle’s fluids. Top all of them off but the fuel. The gas tank should read less than ⅛ tank full.
- Have an extra set of keys ready for the transporter.
- If there is a lien on the vehicle, you must provide a notarized letter giving authorization for its transport.
- Take your vehicle in for maintenance. The car must be in running condition before its transport by plane.
When your car is ready to go according to the air transporter’s standards, you shouldn’t run into any issues. Air shipping may have a more strict set of standards and procedures to follow than typical ground or overseas transports. Nevertheless, it is the quickest and safest form of auto delivery.