The process of international shipping isn’t something the untrained person can handle alone. There are many great auto transport companies with the experience necessary to ship your car to Mexico City.
They have all of the transport equipment and gear needed to secure the vehicle and assure its safe arrival.
To ensure a safe and timely delivery, it always wise to remain organized. There is a lot entailed with any overseas shipping process. By creating a checklist, you can stay on task and keep track of all that you have accomplished or have left to do before the day of the transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Car Shipping Responsibilities.
- Start researching international transport companies about 2-3 months before you would like the vehicle shipped out. Make sure that they have a good reputation by reading the reviews left online by past customers. Check the companies’ websites for their contact information and history within the industry.
- Decide on a transport method that suits your circumstances and makes you feel comfortable about the automobile’s future travels. A customer representative of the company should be able to help you with your selection if needed.
- Contact the Embassy of Mexico for the latest auto import policy. Write down all of the information given to you. You should allow yourself at least a couple months to prepare for the automobile’s shipping process. You will need to have gathered and presented all required proof to Customs before the vehicle is allowed to be imported. This can take some time.
- Pay all tariffs and provide the proof to Customs. The taxes you pay will be determined by several factors.
- Prepare the car for transport. Wash the exterior so that no dirt or debris is visible. The interior should also be emptied and cleaned out. Extra weight in the vehicle may cause for higher shipping rates. The fluids and tire pressure will also need to be checked and filled. The fuel tank should be less than ¼ full. Other requests might be made by the transporter. Fulfill all that they ask because it assures the safety of the vehicle and those handling it during its travels to Mexico City.
- Arrange for rides to the terminals or ports. You cannot leave the vehicle at the port once it has arrived in the country. Seaports will not hold a vehicle, so make sure you are present when it is due to arrive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?