How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Chad
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a motorcycle to Chad can be slightly expensive, as it is a landlocked and irrespective of whether RORO or container shipping is selected
- The average cost is around $1,475 to $2,200 but get an accurate quote before shipment
Located in Central Africa, the country of Chad is landlocked and bordered by Sudan, Libya, Nigeria, Cameroon and Niger. In terms of area, Chad is the 5th biggest country in all of Africa. When you intend shipping your motorcycle to Chad, regardless of the make and model, it is best to work with an international auto shipping service that has plenty of experience exporting vehicles to central African countries. At our company, we have a large network of shipping agents and can not only assist you through the U.S Customs, but extend all assistance to navigate through the Chad Customs Authority.
Before you plan to ship your motorcycle from USA to Chad, it is important to know that there is paperwork to submit, submit valid identification as an owner and pay the requisite taxes and import duties. You need to be aware of the climate in Chad before you ship as delays are common in the rainy season which is from June to September. It may be difficult to drive on the inner roads during these months as storms lead to flooding unpaved roads and they become impossible to traverse. For your own safety, it helps to carry your passport, title deed and driving license with you at all times while in Chad.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Chad Vehicle Regulations
Different countries have varied regulations when it comes to importing motorcycles and other vehicles. According to the regulations in Chad, new motorcycles are taxed as per the evaluated value or the CIF is at 60%. Additionally, you cannot import a motorcycle that is over three years old. You have to submit some documents which includes:
- Original title deed and registration certificate
- Original purchase invoice
- Valid U.S. driving license
- Import license
- Bill of Lading with all details about VIN, engine and chassis number, make, model and year
- Signed certificate of no-sale
- Owner’s passport and resident visa
- Work permit with length of stay mentioned
It is important that one of our shipping agents provide you with a written quote, so that you are aware of the total cost. As there are no ports in Chad, we will ensure that it reaches the closes port and is then shipped through road to the destination city in Chad. However, if you are looking to save cost, you can collect the motorcycle and drive it to Chad on your own, though it helps to have professionals handle it for you. If you are shipping by container shipping, before it is put inside along with other motorcycles, you will need to remove the fuel and disconnect the battery. This will ensure higher safety during transit.
The cost of shipping the motorcycle will depend upon the distance from the USA, the weight of the motorcycle apart from freight charges. You can contact The Republic of Chad Embassy or give us call to know about the pricing and regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?