Ship Your Car To Or From Wels, Austria
The scenic city of Wels in Upper Austria region is located near Linz, on the banks of the Traun River. Additionally, it is the administrative hub and trade center apart from being the county seat of the Wels-Land.
Learn more about car shipping to Austria.
There are quite a few things that you would have to look out for when you are shipping a vehicle to Austria. This is the main reason for which it is highly beneficial to work with a reliable shipping service. We at A-1 Auto Transport have over 25 years of experience and are well aware of everything which needs to be taken into account.
Considering the different processes, the first thing that you need to account for is the preparation of your documentation. This is required by the Austrian Customs Authority, so in order to get your vehicle into Austria, you need to find the following documents:
- Local documents for registration
- Exit certification
- Invoice of purchase
- Valid passport
- Insurance proof
The EU Regulations
Having your vehicle shipped from the US to Austria is going to range in prices between $2,500 and $4,500. Only a small portion of that would fall under the actual shipping costs because there are insurance, import taxes and duties to be paid as well. It’s important to know that all vehicles are taxed based on their calculated value so luxury cars will cost more to ship.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Now, when you import into Austria, you have to follow a lot of the regulations set forth by the European Union. This is due to the fact that the latter acts as a Customs community. However, if you plan to relocate here permanently, the following are to be taken into account:
- You have to pay all the registration taxes, fees and the NOVA tax.
- You need a Conformity certificate ensuring the safety of your vehicle
- You need to provide a proof of ownership and a bill of sale.
If you ship from outside of the EU, however, the regulations are a bit more stringent and the taxes are also higher. You have to pay 10% duty on the overall value of the car as well as 20% turnover tax. And, there is also the standard consumption tax or NOVA tax that you have to be aware of.
Ways to Freight Ship Your Vehicle
If you want to ship your car to Austria, it is best if you consider RORO or Container Shipping. Both are convenient, depending on the requirements that you have. If you want to ship solely your car, RORO is your obvious choice as it doesn’t allow any personal belongings. Additionally, you need to remove the air conditioning gas,
Container shipping is more comprehensive and protective but it’s also a lot more expensive and a bit slower in comparison to RORO. For quick updates, and latest information on import laws, you can contact the Austrian Consulate in U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory