- Car Shipping Wels
- Ship Your Car To Or From Wels, Austria
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Wels
- Shipping Documentation
- The Eu Regulations
- Ways To Freight Ship Your Vehicle
Car Shipping Wels
Ship Your Car To Or From Wels, Austria
The scenic city of Wels in Upper Austria region is located near Linz, on the banks of the Traun River. Additionally, it is the administrative hub and trade center apart from being the county seat of the Wels-Land.
Learn more about car shipping to Austria.
There are quite a few things that you would have to look out for when you are shipping a vehicle to Austria. This is the main reason for which it is highly beneficial to work with a reliable shipping service. We at A-1 Auto Transport have over 25 years of experience and are well aware of everything which needs to be taken into account.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Wels
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Wels||$275||$2600||5+22 days|
|Wels to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$3700||5+35 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Wels||$400||$2600||5+22 days|
|Wels to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$3700||5+35 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Wels||$550||$3700||6+35 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Wels||$575||$2600||6+22 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Wels||$675||$2600||6+22 days|
|Wels to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$3700||7+35 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Wels||$800||$2600||6+22 days|
|Wels to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$3700||7+35 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Considering the different processes, the first thing that you need to account for is the preparation of your documentation. This is required by the Austrian Customs Authority, so in order to get your vehicle into Austria, you need to find the following documents:
- Local documents for registration
- Exit certification
- Invoice of purchase
- Valid passport
- Insurance proof
The EU Regulations
Having your vehicle shipped from the US to Austria is going to range in prices between $2,500 and $4,500. Only a small portion of that would fall under the actual shipping costs because there are insurance, import taxes and duties to be paid as well. It’s important to know that all vehicles are taxed based on their calculated value so luxury cars will cost more to ship.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Now, when you import into Austria, you have to follow a lot of the regulations set forth by the European Union. This is due to the fact that the latter acts as a Customs community. However, if you plan to relocate here permanently, the following are to be taken into account:
- You have to pay all the registration taxes, fees and the NOVA tax.
- You need a Conformity certificate ensuring the safety of your vehicle
- You need to provide a proof of ownership and a bill of sale.
If you ship from outside of the EU, however, the regulations are a bit more stringent and the taxes are also higher. You have to pay 10% duty on the overall value of the car as well as 20% turnover tax. And, there is also the standard consumption tax or NOVA tax that you have to be aware of.
Ways to Freight Ship Your Vehicle
If you want to ship your car to Austria, it is best if you consider RORO or Container Shipping. Both are convenient, depending on the requirements that you have. If you want to ship solely your car, RORO is your obvious choice as it doesn’t allow any personal belongings. Additionally, you need to remove the air conditioning gas,
Container shipping is more comprehensive and protective but it’s also a lot more expensive and a bit slower in comparison to RORO. For quick updates, and latest information on import laws, you can contact the Austrian Consulate in U.S.