Ship Your Car To Or From Växjö, Sweden
Växjö is a city located in Sweden and is also the seat of Växjö Municipality, Kronoberg County, Sweden. It is the administrative, industrial and cultural hub of Kronoberg County.
Learn more about shipping to Sweden.
Expatriates, students and returning citizens travel to Sweden for many different reasons, but whatever the reason is, you know that you will need to get around at some point. Though Sweden has a well-maintained and efficient public transportation system, you can rely on public transportation until you can bring your vehicle over with you.
When transporting a vehicle to Sweden, you may run into some unexpected issues that are due to the bilateral relations that Sweden has with the United States. A-1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in shipping to Sweden so there won’t be any confusion when dealing with another country’s rules and regulations on shipping.
With your shipping agent from A1 Auto Transport Service, you will be able to ship your vehicle and reduce the stress of importing because you have someone else in charge of this project.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submission of Vital Documents
Because there are several documents that must be submitted throughout this process, you will need to gather them up ahead of time. These documents will need to be presented to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection as well as the Swedish Customs too. Documents include:
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- Vehicle registration
- Title deed to the vehicle
- Bill of Lading
- Proof of insurance
- Temporary proof of insurance in Sweden
Before your vehicle can be cleared by customs in Sweden, you will need to be there when it is released. If you are not able to collect your vehicle, you will need to issue a temporary power of attorney and one of our local shipper will be there to do the needful.
Specific Swedish Vehicle Import Regulations
In order to ship your vehicle without any delays, you will need to ensure that you have all the rules and regulations and you are following them every step of the way. Some of these rules include
- You must own your vehicle for a minimum of 12 months
- You can only import a vehicle to use for personal reasons
- You cannot have imported a vehicle in the last three years
- You cannot sell the vehicle for at least a year
- If you plan to move to Sweden, you will need to ensure that you have proper authorization for work and home after staying there for at least three months.
Freight Shipping Says
Vehicles are mainly shipped by way of ocean using freight ships. There are two methods of shipping, Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. If you choose the Roll-On/Roll-Off method of shipping, the vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship at the U.S port. Once it is on the deck, it will need to be fastened down during transport. Before it is shipped, you will need to clean your vehicle, remove all accessories and have it ready to board the ship. As a fire preventive method, you are only allowed to leave 1/4 tank of gas in the tank, remove the air conditioning gas and
Container shipping is another method. This method of shipping involves loading your vehicle and any personal items inside of a container that can be sealed. While this method of shipping is the more expensive of the two, it is important to note that this method will protect your vehicle from being exposed to any harsh elements found in the ocean and weather.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory