Ship Your Car To Or From Tahoua, Niger
Tahoua is a city located in Niger and serves as an administrative center of the Department of Tahoua as well as the Greater Tahoua region. This city is considered the market town for the agricultural areas surrounding it. With a large mining community, the gypsum and phosphates mines are consistently worked on, providing employment to the local residents.
Learn more about shipping to Niger.
There are many reasons to move to Tahoua but you will need to have your own personal vehicle. Regulations for importing to Niger are not extremely difficult to endure so it is somewhat easy if you want to bring your vehicle with you while you are there. At A1 Auto Transport service, we can help you get the needful done with ease as we have been shipping vehicles to most of the countries in Africa, including Niger for many years.
Limitations on the Vehicle Imports
When you are ready to import your vehicle to Tahoua, you will need to gather up a few documents and make copies of them. Be sure to keep them with you throughout this process to ensure that everything is there when you need it. While your vehicle is in Tahoua, it’s important to remember, it cannot be more than eight years old in order to abide by the emission laws, and you cannot sell your vehicle while you are in Niger. You will need to pay all VAT (19%) and import duties which can range from 5% to more than 60%. To import your vehicle to Niger, you will need:
- Make, model, and serial number of your vehicle
- Documentation that your vehicle is road creditable if it is used
- Registration of your vehicle
- Proof of insurance
- Your passport
- Purchase invoice
- Receipt of any paid taxes
- Bill of Lading
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It’s important that you have these documents on you throughout the process of clearing customs. You will also need to make sure that you are there when your vehicle arrives at Tahoua in order to claim it. If you are not able to be present, your shipping agent from A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you by representing you instead.
Two Forms of Vehicle Shipping Methods
You will be able to choose from two different shipping methods when determine how your vehicle will travel to Niger. You can choose the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method, also known as the RO-RO or RORO and container shipping is the other method. Which one is right for you? That will depend on what you want out of your shipping.
- Container shipping allows a customer to fill up the container, either a 20 foot or 40 foot container, with a vehicle and all personal and household items that will be needed in your new location. While this method of shipping is the most expensive of the two, you will find that it can be less expensive if you share the container with someone or if you plan to move there and can ship everything together.
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is a good choice if you plan to transport your vehicle with no special circumstances or if you don’t plan to ship your personal items over with your vehicle. While choosing this method of transportation, you will only be allowed to have one-fourth tank of gas to allow the ship crew to move the vehicle on the deck of the ship and then off the ship once it reaches the port. You will also be allowed to have a car jack, a spare tire, and your floor mats in the vehicle at all times. Other than these items, your vehicle will need to be completely cleaned out and left empty.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?