Ship Your Car To Or From Skien, Norway
Located in Telemark County in Norway, the beautiful city of Skien is the main location for businesses and is a part of Grenland, the more traditional region. Skien is one of the leading commercial cities and a bustling shipping port in Norway for shipping logs and timber. It has extensive business relations with other European countries including Denmark.
Learn more about moving a vehicle to Norway.
Process of Auto Shipment
If you plan to move to Skien, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you. However, before you begin the process of exporting your vehicle to Norway, there are a few rules and regulations you will need to familiarize yourself with in order to help you understand them as you ship. You will also need to fill out the necessary paperwork and provide a copy or the original document as requested. Gather up your information beforehand will save you a lot of time in the long run.
There are ample opportunities for working in Skien as well as going to school or to live. Skien is the perfect place to be when you need a change. Importing your vehicle to Norway if you decide to stay longer will help you get around as you would if you were a resident. You won’t be so dependent on other alternative transportations such as public transport services. Having a vehicle at your disposal will make your stay more enjoyable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Secure Shipping of the Car
To transport your vehicle successfully and without the added stress, you will need to hire a reputable transport company like A1 Auto Transport Service. They are able to ship your vehicle from a port in the United States to the ports in Norway. They know all the rules and regulations and know how to get your vehicle there the most affordable way. Shipping a vehicle to Norway could cost anywhere between $2,000 and $4,500 but it may depend on a few factors, such as the shipping method and the size of your vehicle. The shipping service will provide you with a customized quote based on your shipping needs.
Our expert shipping agent can help you customize your transport to assist you further. Before you begin, you will want to gather up the following documentation for Norwegian Customs Service:
- Purchase invoice
- Registration card
- Insurance card
- Bill Of Lading
- Proof of residency in Norway
- Proof that you own the vehicle that you are shipping.
It is important that the vehicle is cleaned and all non-permanent accessories removed as there is a chance of damaging the vehicle in case of turbulence at sea.
Ways of Auto Transport
When shipping to Norway, you will need to prepare your vehicle beforehand. Your shipping agent will explain to you that there are two shipping methods to choose from; Roll On/ Roll Off method and container shipping method.
- Roll On/ Roll Off: With this method of shipping, your vehicle will be driven directly onto the ships deck and then secured in a bay for the trip. This method is the most affordable way because you only pay for the bay your vehicle is parked in.
- Container Shipping: With this method of shipping, your vehicle is placed inside a shipping container where you can fill up with household items while its still open. This will allow you to ship everything you have at one time to save you money and time. Once your vehicle is loaded into the container, it is sealed and loaded onto the deck of the ship for the trip. This method is great if you have a luxury vehicle or if you have a vehicle that is considered a classic.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?