Shipping a vehicle overseas is not a simple process, but it can be less complicated when you hire the right shipping service. Other than hiring the right transport company, there are things you can do to insure that the process goes smoothly. It is recommended that you avoid driving the vehicle you’re planning to ship after it has been fully serviced, inspected and documented.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Find Out if your Insurance Policy Covers International Shipping.
Even though your car has insurance and the shipping service is covered to transport your vehicle, you still may need additional coverage. Reputable shipping companies have coverage shippers can purchase for protection in the event of an accident or theft. Typically, this extra insurance is only going to cover a total loss, which means if the ship sinks and the car cannot be recovered.
Documents You Will Need to Transport a Car Overseas.
- Drivers License.
- Passport and Visa.
- Title and Registration.
- Original Seaway and Airway Bill.
- Spare Car Keys.
Benefits of Transporting a Vehicle Overseas.
It is more of a luxury to have your vehicle transported into countries that already have public transportation options, but when it comes to Sfax, public transportation services are not as developed. Currency issues and language barriers are another common reason why using public transportation isn’t the best option. If you are going into Sfax for employment, it is best to have a personal vehicle if you don’t live near where you will be working.
Who can pick up the Vehicle?
Anyone chosen by the shipper can retrieve the car after it has been delivered. The shipper will need to inform the shipping service if someone else will be picking up the car a few days prior to shipping. The cosigner will need to produce their photo ID, title and notarized letter of permission or Customs cannot release the vehicle. Contact the Embassy of Tunisia with any concerns.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory