One of the oldest cities in Central Asia, Samarkand is the third biggest city in Uzbekistan and is on the tourist hotspots, apart from being the center of business and trade. If you plan on being in Samarkand for a few months to a few years, it makes sense to have your own vehicle imported from USA. However, as Uzbekistan is a landlocked country, your vehicle will need to be shipped to Bandar Abbas in Iran or Mumbai in India and then driven across land to Samarkand.
It is important to be present on the day your car is to arrive at the port or arrange an authorized representative to take the delivery and arrange for further transportation. That is where A1 Auto Transport service can step in and help. From pre-shipping procedures in USA to ensuring that the vehicle is delivered to your destination in Samarkand, we can do it all.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping car to Samarkand from USA.
There are some formalities and procedures that need to be complete at the domestic US port before the vehicle is shipped out and at the receiving port in Iran or India. Additionally, when the vehicle reaches Uzbekistan border, the Uzbekistan Custom department levies duties and levies have to be paid. There are few important documents that will need to be submitted at the U.S port and at the destination. These include:
- registration documents and title deed.
- Proof of car ownership.
- Original vehicle purchase invoice.
- Residence/work permit in Uzbekistan.
- Car insurance certificate.
- Passport, photo ID of owner.
- International driver’s license.
Freight Shipping Your Car to Samarkand.
Although it is not easy to ship your vehicle to Uzbekistan due to the rugged mountain terrain and the time it takes, but there are various methods to ensure that your car reaches Samarkand safely. Here are the best methods to ship your car:
- Air shipping: Though this is the fastest, it is the most expensive yet impractical due to the high cost. Most people will not be able to afford it.
- Container shipping: Your car is secured and fixed inside the enclosed 20 or 40 feet container along with other personal items and sealed. This protects it from the weather during the transit. However, this is a comparatively more expensive method than RORO.
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: Commonly known as RORO, this is the most preferred method as it is the cheapest available option. Your vehicle is driven on the ship at the U.S. port and driven off at the destination port. However, as it is secured and harnessed along with other vehicles on a covered deck, you only pay for the space occupied by the car. There are some limitations and restrictions that need to be followed such as no personal belongings, only a limited amount of gas in the tank and steam-cleaning the car before dispatch.
It might be a good idea to get in touch with the Embassy of Uzbekistan before you ship your vehicle from USA. If there are new regulations in place, you will be informed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory