Queluz has its location in the municipality of Sintra in Portugal and was formed from the areas of the civil parishes of Queluz, Monte Abraao and Massama. It has also influenced the development of other surrounding cities such as Belas, Bispo, Almargem as well as Barcarena.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you are going to move to Queluz, you might want to enjoy driving your own vehicle. Being a tourist, you are entitled to have your own vehicle for 6 months under the following circumstances:
- Title deed should be under your name.
- Have a valid international driver’s license.
- Have valid U.S insurance policy.
- Only you or members of your family can use it.
Regulations on Importing Vehicles.
There are quite a few ways to ship your vehicle to Portugal. You can check which one of them would be most suitable for you. You can go for the RORO which stands for Roll on/Roll off and container shipping. It is best to have your vehicle thoroughly cleaned in advance so that it doesn’t get quarantined at the customs.
The RORO method is by far the most affordable but it’s also the fastest water-based one because there are not so many checkpoints. Furthermore, your vehicle is going to be driven on the shipping deck, fastened there and placed on the freight ship. You are not allowed to carry any kinds of personal items with it. Container shipping, on the other hand, would provide you with the security of a private 20ft or 40ft container, based on your preferences, that’s designated to keep your vehicle utterly safe.
Now, you should know that you aren’t obligated to register your vehicle until the 180 days/6 months have passed, but after that you need to get residency permit. The authorities are also going to put the car through an emission and roadworthiness test and you would have to make modifications if necessary so that you meet the EU Emission standards that are set forth. However, if you have the modifications done in advance, the car will conform to the regulations. There are also quite a few taxes that you have to pay as applicable by the Customs and Excise Department of Portugal.
You would be required to get a brand new Portuguese driving license as well as to change the current license plates on the vehicle after the local registration. You will need to pay the VAT but if you are importing a car that’s used, there is no VAT unless you sell it in the next 12 months. It is also important to carry the ‘All in One’ card as it’s going to work as insurance, log book, and registration. You need to have this particular card in your car whenever you go out for a ride. For assistance to foreigners’ visiting or on an extended stay in Portugal, the government has Citizen’s Shops that ensure you get the right guidance on ways to make your stay easier. It is best to update yourself on the driving and traffic rules before you venture out in the city.
For further information on importing your car/vehicle from USA to Portugal, please contact the Embassy of Portugal.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?