Ship Your Car To Or From Qom, Iran
Qom is the eighth largest city in Iran and it is approximately seventy-eight miles from Tehran. It is also known as the capital of Qom Province. There are many different opportunities that one can enjoy in Qom. If you plan to visit for school, work, or leisure, you should bring your own vehicle with you so you can get around on your own free will and not when it is convenient for others.
Learn more about shipping to Iran.
While importing a vehicle may sound very stressful, it is actually not, especially if you enlist the help of A1 Auto Transport. With over twenty years of experience, we have been shipping vehicles all over the world including to Iran. We understand the risks and limitations and that is why we adhere to all laws of the country to ensure that there are no delays and smooth clearances for our client’s vehicles. It is easy to see how you can enjoy the privileges of riding around when you want to.
Shipping Methods to Qom
When you are transporting your vehicle from the United States to Qom, you have three options to choose from- air shipping, container shipping, and Roll On/ Roll Off shipping.
- Air shipping is the most expensive of the three choices but, your vehicle will make it to Qom the quickest with this method. You will also be able to ship any personal items with the vehicles.
- Container shipping is another option. With this method of shipping, your vehicle will be placed inside of a container measuring 20 foot or 40 foot in size. You can also pack personal items inside the container and transport your personal items with your vehicle. This method is the second most expensive method of shipping.
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is another option for you to choose from. This is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle from the United States to Qom, Iran. With this method of shipping, the vehicle is driven onto the deck of the carrier ship and fastened down in a bay. With this method, the vehicle is left on an open deck where it is exposed to everything during the trip. You won't be able to ship any of your personal items in your vehicle. Only your spare tire, floor mats, and car jack will be allowed inside.
Auto Import Duty and Limitations in Iran
When transporting your vehicle to Iran, it is important to note that this country does charge import duties. You can expect them to run between 50% and 100% of your vehicle value. There are also standard VAT rate set at 9% and the actual amount will be based on the value of your vehicle, or VAT. There are a few restrictions that must be noted before you begin the process of importing:
- A vehicle must not be over three years old
- No vehicle can be imported if it has a diesel engine
- Only left hand driven vehicles are allowed
You may choose to temporarily import your vehicle, if you plan to visit or go to school. You will first need to obtain a certificate only issued from the cabinet. If you are an Iranian resident living abroad and would like to return, you will not be allowed to import your vehicle when you return. However, you will be able to bring it with you temporarily. Just make sure that you have the Carnet de Passages en Douane certificate.
Need to Ship Your Car
As required by the Islamic Republic of Iran Customs Administration, there are a few documents that will be required when filling out the paperwork for import. You will need:
- to show proof of residency in Iran
- a permit from the Ministry of Commerce
- Vehicle registration
- Title to the vehicle
- Driver’s license
- Your passport
- Proof of ownership
- Receipt for any duties paid
- Proof of insurance
Once your vehicle is transported to customs, you will need to be there in order to pick up your vehicle once it has been released. The port will not hold any vehicle for anyone at any time. A1 Auto Transport can pick up your vehicle for you but you will need to sign a consent form first. You might want to contact the Iranian Consulate to get the latest updates on the current laws to import cars.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.