Ship Your Car To Or From Petah Tikva, Israel
Located in the central part of Israel, Petah Tikva is about 6.59 miles east of Tel Aviv. From Petah Tikva to Jerusalem is approximately 29 miles. This town was founded in 1878 and is the second largest city in Israel, while Haifa is the first.
Learn more about shipping cars to Israel.
If you are planning to move to Petah Tikva, you will most likely be choosing to move permanently or temporarily. Either way, you will find that having your own vehicle to get around will be rewarding. While there is public transportation available, it can quickly become an unaffordable expense and having your own car makes you travel independently.
How to Prepare for Importing
Before you can load your vehicle onto the deck of the ship, you will need to adhere to the rules and regulations of importing to Israel. An expert agent at A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you from the first steps in this process to watching your vehicle pull into your new driveway. Working with A1 Auto Transport will ensure a successful import as we have been shipping vehicles to Israel for years. Our shipping agent will first need to obtain the information from you in order to start the request. The information they will need includes:
- Car’s year, make, and model.
- Have you had any modifications done to your vehicle prior to your import request?
- What is the size and weight of your vehicle?
All of these questions will help your shipping agent to give you an accurate quote. Before the agent is through, they will need your driver’s license and your social security number and then they can assist you in filling out the power of attorney forms.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Total Cost of Car Shipping
You will need to check with the Ministry of Transport in Israel to determine if your vehicle is even allowed into Israel. If it is eligible, you can expect to pay between $3100 and $5700 for your shipment from the United States to Israel. Taxes are normally steep when transporting here. If you want to save money, talk to your shipping agent to determine what will best work for you.
Keep in mind all the regulations, when transporting a vehicle to Israel as the country doesn’t currently hold diplomatic relations and trade agreements with many countries. While it’s not typically an issue to import your vehicle from USA, you want to be aware of the rules and regulations at all times. A vehicle can be imported by a tourist for maximum 6 months without the payment of any taxes on it. However, after the six months is up, you will need to request more time by submitting a request letter to the Israel Tax Authority.
There are currently no exceptions for visas. You will not pay any import duties for vehicles that have been brought into the country from the United States. However there will be a port tax and value added tax to pay. Israel will only accept vehicles that meet the European Auto Registration Standards and EU Technical Specifications.
Ways to Ship to Petah Tikva
You can choose any of the three ways to ship your vehicle from the United States to Petah Tikva:
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping – this is the most chosen way to ship a vehicle overseas from the United States to the Tel Aviv. With this option, your vehicle is placed on the deck of a ship where it is strapped down for safety during the trip. In the end, it will be driven off of the ship once it reaches the new port.
- Container Shipping – This method of shipping is more expensive however if you have a luxury vehicle or if your vehicle is considered a classic, you will appreciate the added security this method of shipping provides.
- Air Cargo Shipping – This method of shipping flies your vehicle over from the United States to the customs at Tel Aviv. This method of shipping is considered the most expensive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?