The scenic city of Perm is the administrative center of the Region of Perm in Russia. It has its location on the banks of the River Kama and it’s in the European part of the country. The city’s terrain is rather hilly.
As far as the river goes, it’s the main tributary of the River Volga as well as one of the deepest rivers in the entire country of Russia and it provides access to the Caspian Sea, Sea of Azov, the Black Sea and the White Sea and Baltic Sea.
If you intend on staying in Perm for a prolonged period of time, having your vehicle is going to be very beneficial. The entire process of shipping shouldn’t be overly complicated as long as you meet the set regulations and requirements. You would have to clear taxes and duties and adhere to quite a lot of policies and it’s advisable to contact the Embassy of Russia in Washington, D.C.
There is an import tax on vehicles which amounts to 25% of the value and there is a VAT of 18%. You can already see how the costs are going to stack up considerably when you decide to ship your car. Keep in mind that if your vehicle is more powerful it’s going to be more expensive to ship it. The cost of shipping a vehicle to Russia from the U.S. could be about $2,200 for distances which are shorter and about $7,000 for those who ship to the more remote parts of Russia. The originating port in the US is a factor that affects the price.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The documents that you need to provide include:
- VAT bill.
- Bill of Lading
- Personal ID as well as visa and passport.
- The original title of the car.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Conformity certification which states that you meet the Eurasian Economic Union regulations.
Registering your vehicle in Russia is significantly easier than you might believe it to be. With this in mind, it’s important to get a quote from your shipping agent when importing in the country. You would have to be there at the port to get the vehicle as they won’t hold it for you. Foreign diplomats will not need to pay taxes when moving back to Russia. If you are wondering how much it will cost you to ship your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport Service can give you a quote.
Shipping Methods to Choose From.
There are two particular methods to import your vehicle into Russia. The first one of them is called Roll-on/Roll-off and it requires you to drive your vehicle on a shipping dock on its own wheels. Then, it’s going to be safely strapped and expedited. Keep in mind that this is the quickest and cheapest water-bound transportation method as you wouldn’t be able to ship anything else but your car and it’s exposed to the weather conditions.
The other type of shipping is with a sealed container. You get to choose between a 20ft and a 40ft container in which your car is going to be placed. As you might suppose, you can fill the container with all sorts of personal belongings. However, it’s more expensive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?