Ship Your Car To Or From Oshakati, Namibia
The city of Oshakati is located in Oshana Region of Namibia. Oshakati is the largest of the towns as well as the capital of Ovamboland to the north. While relocating can seem tedious, you can make the process of importing your own vehicle simply by hiring a dependable company to work with you throughout the process. At A1 Auto Transport, we make sure that moving your vehicle overseas isn’t a hassle.
There are some regulations that must be completely followed in order to import your vehicle successfully. Following these regulations will help ensure the safety of all the vehicles as they are all legally transported successfully. While this process can be very time consuming, the regulations for the shipping of any automobile to Namibia is pretty much clear cut. You will need to have the required documents in order to successfully transporting a vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Namibia
In order to import your vehicle to Namibia, you will need to provide your shipping agent with the following documents:
- a passport
- Original Bill of Lading
- Import permit – make four copies of this permit
- Invoice for your auto purchase
- The forms NA 304 and P1.160 filled out and prepared. Make three copies
Permits and Laws Regulating Vehicle Import
Don’t forget your paperwork throughout the process otherwise you could delay your vehicle import. Having a permit and the paperwork can make a difference in delays and successfully importing your vehicle. With the paperwork in your hand or the hands of your experienced shipping agent, the officials can check the paperwork and ensure that everything is the way it should be and your vehicle will be given the go ahead to continue its journey to Namibia.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You can expect a few small delays such as the stamping from customs when they are trying to release your vehicle. If you want to ship a vehicle to Namibia, you may find that it’s very expensive to do so, costing between $3,000 and $7,000 to completely transport it there. You will also be expected to pay an additional 20% of duty and 16.5% taxes. You can receive a refund on these if your paperwork has been filled out incorrectly. There are a few rules to keep in mind when shipping your car to Namibia including:
- One vehicle allowed to be imported for each family without paying duty or the 15% taxes.
- The vehicle must be owned by you for up to two years after importing to Namibia.
- An import permit will not be required if you plan on coming to Namibia for a brief visit.
- If your vehicle is exported again within a year of moving to Namibia, you will fall into the exempt category
When you export your vehicle, you will need to decide which method of shipping you are most interested in. There are two methods to choose from; Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. The Roll On/ Roll Off consists of driving your vehicle onto the open deck of a freight ship where it will remain during transport. Once the ship reaches the port, it will be driven off. The second option is the container shipping option which provides shelter for your vehicle during the trip. You can also securely place personal items inside the container during transport if desired.
U.S. Ports for Transfer
There are currently three ports in the United States to Namibia. They are New York, New York, Los Angeles, California, and Savannah, Georgia. When determining which port is the right place for you to ship out of, you will need to determine the shipping cost that each one charges. There is a difference in regulations inside the US and outside as well. You will need to contact the embassy to find out more information about exporting to other countries to help you make your decision of exporting easier.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory