Namur is a French- speaking city in Wallonia, Belgium. It is a capital for both Province of Namu and of Wallonia. It hosts the Walloon Parliament.
Namur is in the middle of Sambre and Meuse Rivers so it is attached to three different regions.
If you plan to move to Namur for work or to study abroad, or if you want to move here on a permanent basis, you may want to consider driving around in your very own vehicle which can be imported from USA, with a little bit of effort. There is a common trade agreement active from the United States and Belgium so importing a vehicle can be done with ease, especially when you have hired the services of A1 Auto Transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing from the United States.
However, if you want to import a personal vehicle because you are moving to Belgium, you will then need to consider whether or not you will want to bring it as part of the household goods. You can save money on VAT and other taxes may not be applicable or it will be less than that on auto imports. You will only be able to claim the car under household items if:
- You have lived outside of Belgium or the European Union for at least a year before you apply for a permit.
- The vehicle is purchased in the United States and has been used for a minimum of six months.
- You have paid the VAT.
- You intend to use the vehicle for at least one year in Namur.
Eligibility for tax exemptions.
You must follow the conditions that have been mapped out by Belgium regarding importing. It is best to communicate with an international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service. We will work with you to prepare for the car shipment, including contacting the Belgium Embassy. When shipping to Belgium, you will need to have the following documentation ready to submit before you can import successfully. This includes:
- A bill of purchase of the vehicle.
- A title deed in the shipper’s name.
- Proof of VAT duties and other taxes paid.
- Letter for exemption of tax (optional).
- Insurance certificate valid for six months.
- Proof of residency in USA.
- Bill of Lading.
If your vehicle doesn’t meet the exemption, you will need to pay the Belgian import duties which include customs duties, levies, and VAT. Once your vehicle has been imported successfully, you will be able to register the vehicle with Belgian transport services. When you are looking to get a quote on the charges, it is important to choose the best method for shipping. Additionally, you will need to determine which type of shipping is right for you based on your requirements and budget.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is the most commonly chosen method of shipping due to the fact that it is the least expensive. Your vehicle will need to have a set of keys, a car jack, and a spare tire inside it at all times.
Container shipping method is another option for shipping. You will have a choice between a 20 foot or 40 foot container. Your vehicle will be loaded into the shipping container and then secured. Both ports accept this type of shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?