Located in the Sagaing Region of Burma or Myanmar, the city of Monywa is about 136 km northwest of Mandalay. It is situated on the eastern bank of the Chindwin River.
With rugged mountains and verdant environs, the city is beautiful and scenic with traditional pagodas and modern skyscrapers sharing the same skyline. If you are moving here for a long stay or permanently, having your personal vehicle will be an asset.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tariff and taxes of auto import.
When you are importing your vehicle from USA to Burma, you will want to make sure that you paid all your taxes and duties in order to successfully ensure that it is done. The shipping cost to Burma will be determined accordingly but it can be as little as $2,700 when you choose to use a shipping container to transport your vehicle. If you choose another shipping method, it could run as much as $5,800. The import duty for shipping could be as much as 15% in addition to any duties and taxes.
If you are a diplomat, you will not need to pay any tariffs. There is approximately 300% of assessed value of the vehicle that you will be importing that needs to be paid in advance. There are some rules and regulations for bringing in your vehicle to Burma. These rules include:
- Only left handed vehicles are allowed to be driven in the country.
- You will need to have a photo ID, driver’s license, and proof of insurance with you to drive around the country.
- If you pay the duties, you need to keep receipts of it.
- Show proof if you are a Burmese resident too.
Don’t allow for lack of documentation to be the reason for any delays when importing your vehicle. You will need to follow the procedure in order to get your vehicle legal there. You, the owner of the vehicle, will need to submit the paperwork to customs as part of the regulations as required. If you want to plan to ship your vehicle to Monywa soon, it is a good idea to contact Burma Customs Authority before you begin the process. The regulations change sometimes and you want to be on top of things.
There are two ways to ship your vehicle from the United States to Monywa. A1 Auto Transport Service can help you throughout the entire process. Your vehicle will need to be pre-checked and approved before it can even board the ship from United States. Plus you will need to pay all fees and customs before you can claim your vehicle. A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you every step of the way. You will have two methods to choose from shipping:
Container shipping is the most expensive way to ship you vehicle. You will select from a 20-foot container or a 40-foot container. You will then need to determine if you want to add any household or personal items to your container.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is the most affordable and normally the most chosen way to ship your vehicle. This method ensures that your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and strapped down for transport.
If you want to learn more about shipping your vehicle to Monywa, you should contact the Embassy of Myanmar as soon as possible.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory