Ship Car To Mixco
Mixco is located next to Guatemala City and is a small city filled with bridges to reach over the canyons that encompass the perimeter of the city. Driving in Mixco will take some time to learn the traffic patterns and road signs, and you should know that most of the roadways are not paved. Having a 4-wheel drive vehicle is advisable to be able to maneuver the roads with more traction and accuracy. Mixco is a city that is filled with scenic beauty and has several small markets and business to shop in during your stay in the city. Entrepreneurs from around the globe have relocated to the small city to build new business each year. Mixco is surrounded by some of the largest metropolitan areas in Guatemala including Guatemala City and Cuidad San Cristobal that border the area. You will need to have an automobile transport company handle shipping your personal motor vehicle for you when you need to have it for use in the city.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Automobile Transport to Mixco.
When you’re looking for the right automobile transport company to handle your car shipment to Mixco for you, you need to hire one that has experience with shipping to Guatemala. A-1 Auto Transport provides reliable shipping services from the United States to Guatemala as well as other countries internationally. Working with international automobile transport for more than 20 years guarantees shipping that is safe, reliable and competitively priced to be affordable to you. Your customer representative will need to get information from you including your driver’s license, social security card and the type of motor vehicle you have. Your representative will arrange pick-up and delivery to take your car to the shipping port in the United States if you cannot drive it on your own. Most cars leaving the United States heading to Guatemala must leave from shipping ports in Florida. You will also be able to ask questions and your representative will be able to assist you with information on customs paperwork and laws, types of transport and the cost of overseas shipping to Mixco.
Modes of transport to Mixco.
There are a few ways that you can use to ship a motor vehicle to Mixco from the United States. Depending on the value of the car and whether you need to ship household goods with the car, these are the modes of transport available for Mixco:
- Roll-On Roll-Off – Also called RORO, this is the easiest and most common way to have a car shipped overseas. Cars are rolled onto a ship, parked and strapped into place and then rolled off the ship when it reaches the shipping port in Guatemala. Cars must be empty during RORO transport.
- Air Shipping– Shipping by air is reserved for extremely expensive cars or personal content that is very expensive. This way to ship is usually the most costly of the shipping methods and is not frequently used. It is however, the fastest way to have motor vehicles or other valuables transported overseas.
- Container- Using a shipping container to move your car overseas can be very convenient, especially if you need to ship other items at the same time you ship your car. Containers provide protection from the weather and sea water during transport and will keep your valuables protected while traveling overseas.
Customs Rules for Shipping to Mixco.
When you make plans to ship a motor vehicle to Mixco from the United States, you will need to file export paperwork with U.S. Customs and you will have to follow the directives for customs in Guatemala as well. Guatemala allows individuals to import one personal car to drive. The car can be used as long as it is within ten years from the manufacture date. Trucks may be shipped in as long as they are within 13 years of the date of manufacture. Customs officials will need some very important paperwork when you import the car to the city. Be sure to have all necessary paperwork and that it is filled out completely prior to giving to customs. Paperwork will include the following:
- Driver’s License.
- Guatemala stamped Passport.
- Exemption of Duty Letter.
- Automobile Insurance Certificate.
- Title and Registration.
- Bill of Lading/Airway Bill.
- Commercial Sales Invoice.
- Sales Receipt.
- Car Inspection Statement.
Failure to provide all of the necessary paperwork will result in a fine of $150.00 for a complete customs inspection to complete. It can also delay or deter the motor vehicle import altogether. The Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, DC can give you detailed information about paperwork you will need and taxes and import duties that must be paid.