Formally known as Moulmein, Mawlamyine is the 4th biggest city of Burma. It is located about 70 km away from Thaton and the population of Mawlamyine is around 325,927 and is the capital of Mon State.
If you are planning to make this city your home temporarily or permanently, you might want to consider bringing your vehicle from US, when you move to Burma.
Mawlamyine is also the main trade center and seaport. As there is only one port available for importing vehicles. There is a limit set on the number of cars that can be imported into the country and the price of cars is very high. Thus, importing your vehicle may be the wiser choice instead of purchasing one there.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Personal Vehicle Import.
When you import your car to Burma from the United States, you will find that it’s a fairly easy process but the taxes and duties are much higher. If you are a diplomat, then you won’t need to pay any taxes or duties. Taxes can run about 300% of the vehicle’s value. You will need to follow these rules and guidelines on importing to Mawlamyine:
- You can only import left handed vehicles.
- You must have a photo ID.
- Show proof of purchase.
- Provide valid insurance documents.
- Show receipts of all duties and custom paid.
- Show residency permit.
As the owner of the car, you will need to be present to claim your vehicle once it reaches the shipping port. If you’re not able to, you will need to give A1 Auto Transport services Power of Attorney to claim your vehicle for you. You can contact the Burma Customs located at Mawlamyine ahead of your importing schedule in order to avoid delays.
You can’t delay your import due to incomplete paperwork. That is why it is important that you must find all your paperwork and make sure that all your requirements are met for shipping. The Burma Customs Authority is also there to assist you if you need it.
Shipping a vehicle method.
A1 Auto Transport services are available to help you clear your vehicle at customs by following all the rules and regulations. You will need to determine what type of shipping method you will be using. Mawlamyine is a port so there is no land transportation available and it’s landlocked.
Roll On/ Roll Off: In order to use this type of shipping method, your vehicle must be completely emptied, with the exception of a spare tire, floor mats, and a car jack.
Container shipping is another option for importing a vehicle. You can choose a 20 foot container or a 40 foot container. Once your vehicle arrives at the port, the shipping agent will be there to assist you in loading your vehicle into the container.
We will be there to help you with any formalities so your vehicle can be delivered on schedule at the port. You will require help paying your customs, taxes, and documentation. Your vehicle will be handed over to you safely. Learn more about importing by contacting the Embassy of Myanmar.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory