Ship Your Car To Or From Masaka, Uganda
Located in the central part of Uganda, and west of Lake Victoria, Masaka is a town that is rather large in size and is only eighty-seven miles to Kampala from the southwest side using the highway toward Mbarara. The city offers plenty of opportunities to become employed, get a better education, or simply to come back home after living abroad. Foreigners and citizens returning to Masaka is on the rise. You can import a vehicle in Uganda to get around instead of buying one once you are there.
If you import your own vehicle, you pay taxes and duties, you get it licensed, and then you can go wherever you need to go whenever you need to. While there are regulations that need to be followed during importation of a vehicle, A-1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in this process and make it easier for you.
Specific Guidelines for Vehicle Import
While there isn’t plenty of rules and regulations to follow, you still need to ensure that you are following the ones you need. These regulations include:
- No age limit on the vehicle you are importing
- Left and right hand driven vehicles are allowed
- Used vehicles will need to pass the emissions test as well as the safety tests
Most commercial vehicles are shipped from Japan, however, if you want to import a commercial vehicle from the United States, it will need to follow the same rules and regulations as well. When a vehicle is required to have a safety test or a roadworthiness test, it just verifies that the odometer reading is correct and that the rules and regulations regarding emissions is being followed. These tests will need to be done in the United States prior to your import date. Contact the Embassy of Uganda to learn more about importing to Uganda.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Make sure that the certificates you are issued for this test is attached to your documents so they are all submitted to the Uganda Revenue Authority for clearance. Other documents you will need to send include:
- Written inventory
- Bill of purchase
- Logbook of the vehicle
- Insurance proof on the vehicle
- Original passport and driver’s license
Tax and Duties
There are taxes and duties that will need to be paid. Here is the amount required to be paid as total tax will include:
- 17% VAT
- 15% Import Duty
- 2% Import Communication
- 6% Withholding Tax
- 10% Excise Tax
Because Uganda is landlocked, you will need to make the arrangements to take your import to Port of Dar-Es-Salaam located in Tanzania or you can take it to the Port of Mombasa located in Kenya. You will then need to have A-1 Auto Transport Service Specialist pick up your vehicle at the port for you and drive it to your home if you cannot pick it up yourself.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?