The third largest city in Niger, Maradi is the administrative center of the province by the same name. It is the agricultural and transport hub of the Hausan region. If you are moving here on a temporary or long term basis it helps to have your own vehicle but you need to be careful about driving here as the condition of roads isn’t really good.
However the city is well connected but you will need to check about the traffic and driving regulations after you import your vehicle.
It is a landlocked country but is on the banks of the River Niger and the port of Niamey is one of the busiest in the region. However, as the regulations are not very stringent, it is comparatively easy to import your vehicle to Maradi.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Unlike other countries, where it might be difficult or time consuming to import a vehicle from USA, it is comparatively easy in Niger. However, you need to be aware that vehicles more than 8 years old cannot be imported and no imported vehicle can be sold in the country. It remains your property after you import it. Additionally, as with vehicle imports, Niger custom clearances are needed and there is a standard 19% VAT and 5% to 66% import duty. You are required to clear the dues after the submissions on the standard documents, which includes:
- Car registration Certificate.
- Proof of car insurance.
- Ownership proof- Passport/driving license/photo ID.
- Listed details of the car including VIN, make, model and year of manufacture.
- Bill of Lading.
- Bill of Sale of vehicles.
Your vehicle will be shipped out from the U.S port and reach the Port of Onne in Nigeria and as the owner, you need to be present there to get the custom clearances done and further strategize land or river transportation to Maradi in Niger. However, when you hire the services of A1 Auto Transport service and authorize one of our shipping agents, we take care of the custom clearances and delivery of the vehicle in Niger. All logistics and transportation is our responsibility and we’ll deliver the vehicle at your doorstep in Maradi.
Freight shipping options.
You might be interested in knowing more about the freight shipping options available for Niger and as it will affect the total cost, it is essential that you select the method after due thought. The options include:
- RORO: Roll-on/Roll-Off is one of the cheapest methods of transporting vehicles as you only pay for parking your vehicle onboard the ship. The car is driven on the deck, secured in the bay and driven off when the ship docks at the Port of Onne in Nigeria. There are some limitations which include shipping an empty vehicle with no air conditioning gas and just ¼ tank of fuel. The vehicle has to be cleaned before it is shipped.
- Enclosed container shipping: This is a safer method of shipping and you are allowed to send in other items that you need to move to Maradi. Your vehicle and other goods are sealed inside large containers and shipped. But this is a more expensive method.
For more details and latest updates, contact the Embassy of Niger.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.