Ship Your Car To Or From Mahalapye, Botswana
Mahalapye is a town which is located right in the Central District of Botswana. It is conveniently situated right along the main road which connects the second largest city of Francistown and Gaborone – the capital. It’s at the edge of the Kalahari Desert and it’s quite dry almost throughout the entire year except for the rainy season.
When you need to get your vehicle shipped to Botswana from the USA, there are quite a few things that you need to be well aware of. One of them is to account for the fact that the terrain in the country is rather rough and only around ¼ of the roadways is actually paved. With this in mind, you might want to get a 4×4 vehicle. You will need to know where the most convenient ports are so that you can make proper calculations. Your agent should be able to provide you with this information. If they are far away from where you or the car is located, you need to make the appropriate arrangements with A1 Auto Transport service.
In order to get the car out of the USA and into Botswana, you would have to present certain special documentation. This is important and it’s definitely something for you to account for. The regulations include:
- Valid passport
- Certificate of clearance issued by the police
- Application form IC.2 – this is provided by the agent
- Vehicle registration which states that you’ve owned it for at least a year
- Import permit
- Bill of sale
- CE101 form – in two identical copies
You will also have to get certain documents which are absolutely necessary when it comes to shipping into Botswana. These include:
- Driver’s License
- Original Bill of sale
- Title and Registration
- Social Security Card
- Power of Attorney if you are not there to get your car
Of course, there are other things that you have to consider. You need to get a finalized quote before the entire thing which shows how much it is going to cost you. This is very important. You will also need to ensure that everything is properly cleaned inside and out of the trunk of the vehicle. What is more, there are no direct ports to Botswana so your car is going to get shipped to Durban at best. You have to make the necessary arrangements.
Typically, you have two particular options in front of you. The first one is Roll-on/Roll-off or Ro-Ro. This would be the quickest and cheapest way but your vehicle is exposed to the elements and the risk of damages is higher. However, as you only have to pay for the parking slot, it is better when you have a standard vehicle. But if it is an expensive car, container shipping is a convenient and reliable option. Even though it’s more expensive, it’s going to add an additional layer protection, making the entire thing a lot safer. Before your vehicle can be loaded into a container, you will need to fill out the necessary paperwork and have your shipping agent assist you in the procedure for loading the vehicle properly.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?