One of the largest cities in Antigua, Liberta is connected by road from Falmouth Harbor. If you intend moving here on retirement, work or to study, you would need to have a vehicle to travel around. However, it is expensive to buy vehicles in Antigua but if you import your own car from USA, it might be a more affordable option.
It is better to hire the services of an international shipping company that has successfully navigated through the different procedures and has shipped vehicles to Caribbean. A1 Auto Transport service has been pioneer in international auto shipping and understands all aspects of regulations in Antigua. We can help you customize your vehicle shipping and offer free quote based on the shipping option you select. Additionally, our company is a licensed importer and trusted shipping service for Antigua and the Caribbean.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Eligibility and requirements.
There are specific regulations and laws that require to be adhered to before you can ship your vehicle to Liberta. Some of these include:
- Only right hand driven cars, SUVs, buses and other vehicles allowed.
- Not allowed to import vehicles over 5 years old.
- Adherence to traffic laws are a must.
There is additional documentation required by the ..Antiguan Customs Department which includes:
- Import license provided by Ministry of Trade.
- Original purchase invoice.
- Insurance policy.
- Bill of Lading.
- Car title.
- Driving license.
- Vehicle registration paperwork.
- Environmental Levy Form.
Apart from submitting these documents, there are additional taxes and levies that have to be paid, authorized under Tariff Code and the Customs Procedure Code (CPC). There is 15% VAT and 60% Custom duty calculated on the basis of the vehicles current value. Antigua has an Environment tax of $600 on newly imported vehicles.
Tax exemptions for returning citizens.
There is a provision for duty-free imports for citizens of Antigua that are returning back on a short or long term basis. Only those qualify that have lived abroad for a decade and they are allowed to import a vehicle that they have owned in the foreign country for over 2 years, without any tax, as imposed by Antigua and Barbuda Sales Tax (ABST). However, this is allowed only on personal cars and other vehicles for personal use. You will need to present the Bill of Lading to get the custom clearances. To further ensure that you are exempt from the Environmental Levy, you will need to fill in the waiver form as per the Agricultural Ministry.
To know the total cost of the shipping, there are various considerations and this includes freight, insurance and vehicle cost. Base on that the VAT and custom duties are calculated. Additionally, the method of shipping that you select plays a major role in the costing. If you choose air shipping, the cost would be prohibitive but in case you decide to ship by Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO), the cost would be the very low. Conversely, container shipping is a little higher than RORO but offers extra protection to the vehicle. We can walk you through each of the methods to help you select the best.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?