Ship Your Car To Or From Leuven, Belgium
Leuven is the capital of the Province of Flemish Brabant in Belgium. It’s about 25 kilometers east of Brussels. It’s a historic city and a large municipality with a lot of importance. It is by far the 10th largest municipality in the entire country. ‘With a rich cultural heritage and modern architecture, it is one of the important centers of trade.
Learn more about shipping to Belgium.
In case, you intend moving here or plan on relocating from USA, you might want to consider importing your vehicle. Having your own personal vehicle is an asset and makes you independent. Though you cannot complete the process of shipping your vehicle on your own, it helps to hire the services of A1 Auto Transport service.
Shipping Vehicle from U.S
The process is a bit lengthier when you import a vehicle from USA or another country outside of the European Union. However, there are certain things that you might want to take into account if you decide to go through with it. You need to know that you might be exempt from paying VAT and duties if you import the car for personal reasons or as part of your household. The conditions for this are as follows:
- The owner needs to keep the car for at least 12 months after the import
- The owner needs to have paid VAT or its equivalent before the entrance into the country
- The car needs to have been purchased outside of the EU and it needs to have been driven for at least 6 months in advance
- The owner must have lived outside of the EU for 12 consecutive months.
Of course, there are also provisions where you can be exempt from VAT and duties if you import as an item of your household. The conditions are as follows:
- You have lived outside of Belgium for a year in advance
- You have pad the tax before the import
- It is a vehicle manufactured in the US. You need to have owned it in the USA for at least 6 months in advance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You will have to pay between $1300 and $3200 in order to get your car transported from the US to Belgium (this is based on standard vehicle sizes). As per the regulations of the Belgium Customs Administration, if you are not tax exempt, you will need to pay all taxes and duties as required. These expenses are determined by the current value of your vehicle, when you are importing, if it has been registered in Belgium, and other fees that apply. You should also account for the fact that there are quite a lot of different documents that you also need to consider. Some of them include:
- Purchase invoice
- Tax exemption letter
- Proof of ownership
- Bill of lading
- Valid insurance certificate
- Receipts for VAT and tax
- Proof of residency within the USA and others of the kind.
There are quite a few things that you might want to account for. It is always best to rely on a professional international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport to handle the transit as you can rest assured that everything will be taken care of professionally.
Ways to Ship Your Vehicle
The majority of the shipping is usually done through RORO (Roll On, Roll Off) or through a container. The cost can vary depending on the availability and on the season. If you have a luxury or expensive vehicle, it makes sense to spend a little more and send it by container shipping as your vehicle will be enclosed within the container of 20 or 40 feet. But if you have budget limitations, then it makes more sense to ship by RORO. This is a cheaper option a. Your car will be parked in a designated area and driven on the ships deck. When it reaches the port of destination, it will be driven off.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory