Larissa is the capital of the Thessaly region of Greece. It is the agricultural center of Greece and is the main hub for national transportation because it offers connections directly to road and rail. Today, Larissa plays an important role in the commercial and industrial center of Greece.
While public transportation is readily available in Larissa, it’s nice when you have your own personal vehicle to travel around in. When planning your move to Larissa, consider importing your own vehicle too. You can easily import your vehicle from the United States to Greece easily. You can import to the Port of Piraeus because it is the largest passenger ports in the European. You will need to ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork together in order to transport with ease. In order to ensure that your import goes smoothly, you will want to hire A1 Auto Transport Service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle Regulations for Tourists.
If you intend coming to Larissa for an extended amount of time, you can bring your car, motorcycle, or recreational vehicle without any charge for the first six months. During this time, you will not be able to sell your vehicle. No one will be able to drive your car, with the exception of the family. You will also need to have plates on your vehicle as well as a current registration card and insurance documents. If the tags expire, while you are staying in Greece, you require obtaining temporary tags.
Regulations for New Citizens.
You can import your vehicle without paying any duty if you plan to move here permanently. In order to claim exemption of duty, you will need to show proof that your residency is permanent. You will need to show this proof when you enter Larissa. You can get a permit or authorization from the Greek Consulate if you have a permanent work permit for Greece, or are married to a citizen of Greece, or if you are of Greek descent. You can also qualify for the tax-free import status if you show that you are a permanent resident for a minimum of two years and you show proof. You may also qualify for tax-exemption status, if:
- Your vehicle was purchased at least 180 days before you imported.
- You pay all VAT payments, license fee, the registration fee for any new vehicles.
- You cannot sell your vehicle for one year after you have imported it to Greece.
To ensure that the vehicle import is classified valid and legal, you need to submit these documents:
- Past employment proof.
- Rent Receipt/ property tax.
- W-2 Form.
- Utility bill, cable bill, phone bill, gas bill, or electric bill.
- Valid passport.
- Work permit/ proof of residency/ or proof of citizenship of Greece.
- Insurance proof.
- Driver’s license.
- Vehicle registration.
Identification Tax Card.
When you want to claim your vehicle, you are required to show your AFM card to customs. You can also use this card for opening your bank account in Greece and any tax payments. You will want to apply for this card as soon as you set foot in Greece. You simply fill out the form and submit it along with the proof of identification or passport and a copy of the birth certificate.
Before your vehicle is released, it will need to pass a noise inspection as well as the emissions and general inspection. Once it passes all the tests, you will then be able to drive it around and obtain a license for it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory