Kuito is a city located in the central region of Angola. It was formerly under Portuguese rule until 1975 and was known as Silva Porto. If you are planning to move to Kuito for work, business or to study, you would be allowed to bring in a vehicle from the USA.
There are two main ports which are located in Luanda and in Lobito but there are quite a lot of regulations for you to abide by. However, the relationship between Angola and USA are good and it is best if you get the documents prepared in advance so that you can rest assured that no complications arise throughout the procedures and there are no delays.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Unlike many other countries, Angola requires a pre-shipment inspection for the used vehicles which is going to get you the needed Certificate of Inspection. Therefore, you would need to get this done on US grounds before you ship out your vehicle. The A1 Auto Transport service is going to ensure that all of these formalities are properly taken care of as we have over 2 decades of professional shipping experience. There is also other documentation which is required:
- Ownership proof.
- Car details – VIN, chassis and engine number and year of manufacture.
- Shipping conditions and terms.
- Insurance policy.
- Bill of Lading.
- Cartao de Contribuinte.
- Purchase Invoice.
- PIP Number which is allocated to every importer.
There are also documents that are going to be specifically required by the Angolan General Tax Administration (AGT) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Bill of sale proving ownership.
- Clear title and registration.
- Authorization from lienholder in the case of liens.
- Notice to the US Customs as well as payment of the required fees.
- Payment of the port handling fee.
There are quite a few procedures as well as fees which have to be properly taken care of in order to import your vehicle flawlessly. However, if you need more information you can contact the Angola Consulate.
You also have to be provided with a written estimate of the entire cost. There are different things to be considered such as the freight charges, the evaluated price of the vehicle and cost of vehicle insurance. Furthermore, the method of shipping is also going to be a deciding factor. Thus, it is important that you think about it carefully while considering your budget and requirements before selecting any of the two options in front of you – Roll-on/Roll-off and Container shipping. RORO would allow you to ship the vehicle quick and cheap but you have to clean it of any personal belongings and leave nothing but a spare set of keys, jack, floor mats and a spare tire. You will be required to disable all alarms, remove air conditioning gas and leave only a quarter tank of fuel.
Container shipping would allow you to ship as many belongings as you want but it’s also going to be a bit more expensive. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container based on your preference. The A1 Auto Transport is also offering door to port services with which we would pick the car from your home and deliver it to the US port for shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?