Ship Car To Khovd
Khovd is a Mongolian city which is formerly known as Khobdo or Kobdo. Currently, it is the capital of the Province of Khovd in Mongolia. It has its location at the foot of the Mongol Altay Mountains, right by the banks of the Buyant River. There is also a strictly protected area known as the Nature Preserve of Makhan.
If you are returning citizen, expatriate or a student planning on living here for a long time, it will be far better off if you had your own personal vehicle with you. However, you should definitely consider working with a reputable as well as a trusted shipping company such as the A1 Auto Transport in order to make sure that the entire process is as seamless as it’s possible.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You are going to need to submit quite a lot of documents prior to shipping to Mongolia and that’s required by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. There are additional fees for transporting your vehicle to your destination and checks found along the border in China. Some of the documents include:
- Original invoice.
- Passport of the owner.
- Title deed.
- Ownership for more than 6 months proof.
- The import is allowed for personal vehicles.
- The car shouldn’t be more than 20 years.
- The vehicle should be with a left-hand drive.
Import taxes and regulations.
Imported vehicles are also subjected to 5% customs duty and 10% VAT based on the tax base value. The value of the vehicle is determined according to the Law on the Customs Tariffs and Customs Duties as well as the Customs duty, excise duty apart from other tax amounts.
The vehicle also has to be registered with the Customs Automated Information System and the vehicle information sheet is going to be provided to the driver. The sheet has to be returned to the Customs upon leaving the country. In case the vehicle can’t be returned, the Customs General Administration is going to be informed and the term can be prolonged with up to 1 year. Furthermore, if the driver is unable to drive, the clearance procedure will begin before the shipment separately from the driver himself. It is definitely advisable for you to connect with the Mongolian Embassy in Washington, D.C. in order to be properly updated on the necessary procedures. Mongolia is a landlocked country and there are no shipping ports. That’s why the sea-based shipping is unloaded at the Tianjin and Qingdao ports in China. Once the owner takes the delivery, you have to make arrangements for the land-based transportation to Khovd. If you work with A1 Auto Transport Service, our agents are going to be present to help you out with the process.
Keep in mind that shipping by the ocean, you will be given two shipping choices to go with. They include:
- RORO: This is by far the most commonly used shipping method and it’s going to require you to drive the vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck atop of the freight ship where it’s going to be securely fastened. Once this is done, the car is going to be unloaded at the destination port. Keep in mind that no additional belongings are allowed and the car has to be completely empty. You are not allowed to leave anything but the car keys, floor mats, spare tire and car jacks.
- Enclosed container: You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container as per your requirements. You can also place other personal items within the container. However, this option is a bit more expensive.
Requirements to be considered.
You have to make sure that you present the proof of ownership to the Mongolian Customs department if you want it to allow the import. It is absolutely mandatory to provide the Bill of Lading at the delivery destination and you have to clear the duties and the taxes as well.