Ship Your Car To Or From Jeremie, Haiti
Jeremie is a commune as well as a capital city of the Grand Anse Department in Haiti. It has a population of approximately 30,000 people and it’s relatively isolated from the remaining parts of the country. It has public transportation, although it could be particularly scarce and unreliable. It is definitely better if you get your own vehicle with you as this is going to ensure that you can drive around quickly and without any issues.
Learn more about shipping cars to Haiti.
Exporting a car to Jérémie could take some effort and if you haven’t prepared the necessary documentation and paperwork, it could be rather burdensome. There is quite a lot to consider in terms of requirements and it is best if you work with a professional auto shipping company like A-1 Auto Transport service. Being able to understand the taxes and the fees which are incorporated is particularly important.
The majority of the car shipments tend to cost between $1,200 and $2,700 from the USA, excluding the registration fees and the applicable taxes. Haiti is relatively close and the shipping costs could be less, if you ship from Florida, for example. Non-governmental organizations are actually exempt from paying import taxes. However, they need to pay inspection fees. The taxation rates generally vary between 5% and 20% and increase by an increment of 5%. Most of the vehicles which are valued higher than $2,000 have to pay the maximum amount of 20%.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping Your Car to Haiti
Now, there are certain restrictions that you have to consider if you want to bring your car as part of your moving here or permanent stay or a visit for a longer period. One of the challenges has to deal with the customs and the taxes. The required paperwork is definitely a burden as well. Some of the necessary documents that you have to ensure include:
- Original car title and registration
- Visa or passport
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Bill of sale and detailed cargo manifest
- Point of origin and of destination
- Ocean bill of lading
You will be given a lot of information from your auto transport shipping service. The most convenient ways of shipping your vehicle are:
- Container shipping. This is going to allow you to get your car into an enclosed container and ship it alongside other personal belongings. The container itself will provide you with an additional layer of protection from the elements. You can pick between a 20 feet or 40 feet container depending on your need and budget.
- RORO – this is short of Roll on/Roll off and it’s the most preferred option as it’s the cheapest and quickest one on the water. However, you won’t be able to bring any personal belongings with you and your car will be exposed to the elements throughout the entire transportation process. It will be parked and secured on the ship’s deck along with other cars while you will be charged as per the amount of space used.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory