Shipping Your Car to Ireland from the United States
Shipping A Car To Ireland.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Typical shipping costs to Ireland from the U.S. are from $2,400 to $5,000 for most vehicles.
- Cars with standard dimensions can usually be transported cheaper since they can be shipped in a container.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Ireland
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Dublin||$200||$3,400||5+37|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Dublin||$400||$2,300||5+21|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Dublin||$450||$3,400||5+37|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Dublin||$475||$3,400||6+37|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Dublin||$550||$3,400||6+37|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Dublin||$550||$2,300||5+21|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Dublin||$575||$2,300||6+21|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Dublin||$775||$3,400||7+37|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Dublin||$800||$2,300||6+21|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Dublin||$925||$2,300||7+21|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting your vehicle to Ireland from the United States can be completed with relative ease if you use a trusted broker. Though it experienced some tumultuous times in much of the 20th century, it has developed into an economic success in the previous few decades. Shipping your car to Ireland can be a fairly straightforward and economical process, but only if you have the proper guidance in order to limit your fees and taxes.
A-1 Auto has a longstanding rich history with delivering vehicles to Ireland on a timely basis and are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of the process.
The first thing that one has to know about Ireland is that Northern Ireland is not considered part of it officially. This is important because while Northern Ireland abides by the rules and regulations of the United Kingdom, Ireland is part of the European Union.
As an island located in the North Atlantic just west of Great Britain, Ireland, officially known as the Republic of Ireland, is a relatively small country that boasts a population of 4.7 million. It has made a remarkable transformation from being a historically agricultural-based economy to one that is technology advanced and very well-developed. Though they have experienced some tough economic times with the financial crisis that engulfed the world a few years ago, it is recovering nicely.
With its government now spending much more judiciously, Ireland's economic momentum is rising once again. Known for their business-friendly environment to outside corporations, Ireland is an extremely welcoming country.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Since English is the main language spoken in Ireland, there will be no issues as far as communication is concerned. It's also a safe and secure country that is consistent with its policies. Customs officers are trained very well and you can expect them to follow things by the book. As long as you're prepared properly in terms of all of your documents and following their clearly laid out guidelines, you should not run into any issues.
The cost of shipping your automobile to Ireland from the United States depends on whether or not you qualify for being exempt from paying customs duties and their VAT. A-1 Auto has in-depth knowledge on how to obtain these exemptions and our agents will be able to lead you through the process from the beginning to the end.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Ireland
- Proof of Ownership of the Vehicle.
- Proof of Insurance in the United States (must have had for at least 6 months)
- Purchase Invoice / Bill of Sale (Price, Date, and Location of Original Purchase)
- Certificate of Registration.
- Document stating all personal effects included with the vehicle.
- Proof of Residency in Ireland.
- Irish customs form.
Read more about Ireland vehicle registration process.
Shipping your car to Ireland is an easy process, but has to be completed by ship, as it's technically an island.
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service: This is the most commonly used method, as it is the cheapest. If you choose to ship your automobile from the United States to Ireland using this method, your vehicle will be placed on a car deck on the freight ship, where it will be put in place securely. The one downside to this method of shipping is that it can take a long time and isn't always consistent in terms of the arrival time.
- Container Service: Choosing to ship you vehicle through this method will cost more, but it does have its perks. First, your automobile will be shipped from the United States in its very own container. Not only will it provide an extra layer of security for your vehicle, but it will also allow you to place other items in the container as well, provided that they're not placed inside of the vehicle. It'll also arrive to Ireland a bit faster and is much more reliable.
A-1 Auto can help you obtain the best rates on either one!
Main Ports of Arrival
One of the benefits of shipping to Ireland is that there are plenty of arrival ports to choose from. While it does depend on your final destination, the main ports that people usually choose consist of the following:
After gaining clearance from customs, the next thing that you must do is make sure that you register your vehicle at some point during your first 6 months of residency. This can be completed at all major car testing centers in Ireland. Finally, you should be aware of the fact that you'll have to pay a vehicle registration tax upon registering, which is based on the market value of your vehicle.
For more information, please visit: //www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/customs_regulations_for_travellers.html
A-1 Auto can be your one-stop service to Ireland. Get in touch with us today!
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Ireland
For nearly 30 years, A1 Auto Transport has been assisting their customers with the deliveries of heavy equipment and oversized cargo to other nations. This is a process that requires particular attention to detail, knowledge of foreign import laws, and immediate access to the right shipping technologies and equipment. Without the proper elements, your cargo will get denied entry into Ireland or possibly end up damaged while en route. It is much too risky to attempt shipping such valuable cargo on your own without professional assistance and guidance from transport specialists.
Heavy equipment and oversized cargo costs a little more to have delivered than that of other types of cargo. Therefore, we have set some guidelines to determine what category your cargo fits under. If your cargo is substantially heavy or too large to fit inside of a 40ft shipping container, it is likely to be deemed as heavy equipment or oversized cargo. Fortunately, there isn’t much we can’t deliver outside of the U.S. Whether it is farming, construction, industrial, mining, hydraulic, or paving equipment, we are certain we can have it shipped to Ireland.
What Shipping Services Can I Purchase for the International Delivery of My Cargo?
We will suggest at least one of our four international shipping solutions to those who need to ship oversized or heavy cargo to another country. The transport methods and services you have to choose from will depend on the size, dimensions and weight of your equipment or cargo. When you call in for your quote, we will inform you of the best shipping options according to the type of cargo you’re shipping to Ireland.
Short Descriptions for Each of Our International Shipping Services...
- Container Transport- As the most secure form of shipping overseas, this transport method is also slightly higher in price. Your heavy equipment is protected from outside elements by the walls and ceiling of the container as long as it can fit into a 40ft space.
- Flat Rack Shipping- Your cargo is secured to a metal frame then placed atop the ship. This method provides extra security for your cargo so that it isn’t damaged by the possibility of shifting or moving while en route.
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo)- This method is recommended to those with broken down vehicles or equipment as well as those with crated cargo. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto and off of the ship carefully.
- Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo)- This open air service is the cheapest shipping method available and is only offered to those with operable equipment and vehicles. RoRo transports are not accepted by all seaports so ground transport methods may also be necessary to fulfill the delivery.
Related Information & FAQs
- Ship a car to Ireland with qualified overseas shipping services
- What will transport services cost to ship a car to Ireland?
- How much will it cost to ship a car from the USA to Ireland
- Is it worth the cost to ship a car to Ireland through a shipping service
- Import vehicle into USA from Ireland
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.