The Irish city of Tallaght is the county seat of S. Dublin and the largest city in the district. It is about 13 km from Dublin and is nestled scenically in the foot of the Wicklow Mountains.
There can be plenty of reasons to move to the scenic Irish city but irrespective of that it is for certain that you will need to traverse the city for work or to study and that calls for having your own vehicle. Provided that you use a reputed international auto shipping service, like A1 Auto Transport you can easily get your car transported from the United States to Tallaght. Tallaght is one of the well-developed cities and shipping your car there could turn out to be fairly straightforward. However, you need to have the proper guidance in order to reduce the fees and the possible delays.
A-1 Auto Transport Service has broad history and vast experience with delivering vehicles to this country promptly and efficiently. We are very well familiar with all the import laws and Irish Tax & Customs requirement.
The first thing that you need to know is that Northern Ireland is not officially considered to be a part of Ireland and this is very important. The rules of Northern Ireland are the same as in the UK whereas those in Ireland are the same as in the EU as the country is part of it. Ireland is recovering pretty fast from the economic turmoil it had experienced in the past. It is known to be a welcoming place, thanks to its business-friendly environment, especially to major foreign corporations.
Recommendations for Import.
Ireland is safe place and is consistent with its policies. You can expect the officers at Customs to follow the rules strictly as they are very well trained and if you are properly prepared you shouldn’t encounter any issues at all.
The cost of shipping from the US would depend based on whether or not you can qualify from VAT and customs duty exemption. A-1 Auto has thorough knowledge on how to obtain those exemptions and we can help you save a considerable amount of money. However, you are required to submit a lot of documents not limited to:
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance proof from the US.
- Purchase Invoice or a Bill of Sale.
- Registration Certificate.
- Proof of residency in Ireland.
- All personal effects included in the car have to be documented.
There are two general ways for you to go but keep in mind that Ireland is technically an island and only freight shipping on ocean bound vessels can suffice. The methods include:
- Roll-On and roll-Off Service: This is typically the overly preferred means of transportation as it’s the cheapest and most affordable. If you decide to go with it you have to make sure that you’ve completely emptied out your vehicle and there’s nothing in it but the spare tire, car jack and floor mats. You should also know that your car would be fastened on one place on the shipping deck to where it would be driven on its wheels.
- Container Shipping: This is the more convenient way, especially if you are transporting a luxury car. Your vehicle would be safely stored within a private container and you can also ship additional items in it which adds a lot of value to the method. You can also share the container with another person in order to reduce the costs.
A-1 Company can get you the best rates regardless of the method you choose. Once you gain the clearance from the customs you are going to have get your car registered within the first 6 months and you can get this done at all of the major testing centers in the country. There is a registration tax to be cleared.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.