One of the densely populated port cities, Cork is a bustling harbor in Ireland. It is located in Muster province and is a center of trade and shipping industry. From students to those on a work permit seek to stay in Cork temporarily or on a more permanent basis.
If you are looking to import your vehicle to Cork from USA, you can be glad to know that A-1 Auto Transport service has a long history of successfully importing commercial and private vehicles. We are experienced and understand the import laws of Ireland completely while the port authorities consider us a trusted name.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Facts about importing to Ireland.
An important fact about Ireland is that the northern part follows the rules of UK while the rest d Ireland is a part of EU, adhering to a different set of rules. However, the stringent rules and regulations are followed completely by the Irish Customs officials. Thus, if you follow the protocols, and submit the required documents, there should be no issue in getting the clearances on the import of the vehicle.
If you are looking for the total cost assessment on the shipping of your vehicle, it is important to know whether you qualify for tax exemptions. Additionally, apart from factoring in the shipping fee, custom taxes, there are additional taxes when you get the local registration number. It is best to discuss these details with one of our shipping agents and we’ll help you get any exemption that you are eligible for. Some of the documents that you will need to submit at the US port and at Irish Customs Department Cork include:
- Original bill of purchase showing location of purchase, date and price of the vehicle.
- Us insurance bought at least 6 months ago.
- Ownership of vehicle- passport, driver’s license.
- Registration certificate and title deed.
- Residency permit or work permit of Ireland.
For safe shipping, there are different methods and prices vary accordingly. The first method is RORO and is the cheapest available option. Your car will be driven on the ship deck and at Cork, Ireland the car will be driven off. That is why it is important to steam clean the vehicle, remove all the accessories and air conditioning gas. You will need to leave the car jack, spare tire and extra set of keys.
The other method is container shipping. This is more secure and protects your vehicle better. It allows you to place your other household goods that you need moved to Cork within the container. This is more reliable and has additional advantages.
As Cork is a natural harbor, your vehicle will arrive here directly and it is important that the owner is available to receive it or authorize us to collect on on your behalf. Additionally you will need to get the vehicle registered within 6 months of your stay after you pay the vehicle registration tax which is based on the value of the vehicle. For more details about shipping your vehicle contact the Embassy of Ireland.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?