Ship Your Car To Or From Haugesund, Norway
Haugesund is both a municipality and a town and it is located in the Rogaland County in Norway. It is situated in the southwestern region where the fjords flow into the North Sea. It is flanked by the Preikestolen Mountains in the south and Folgefonna glacier in the north. The panoramic natural beauty is a crowd puller apart from the city being one of the important hubs of trade and commerce.
Learn more about importing vehicles to Norway.
If you intend moving here to stay for a short while on a more permanent basis, you would enjoy having the ease of commuting with your own personal car. However, there are a few different requirements and specifications that you need to account for when it comes to successful shipping. It is important to mention that the weather can play a role in your shipping schedule to Norway. You could experience delays during certain times of the year.
You need to take care of the necessary documents that you need to submit to the Customs officials. It is essential to pay all of the required fees – something common for all sorts of shipping. There are plenty of working and studying opportunities in the country and having your vehicle with you is without a doubt an asset. If you intend on living there for a few years, you need to get it with you. However, there are a few different things that you need to make sure before that.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps to Transport Your Vehicle
With any import or export of a vehicle, it is important to ensure that all documentation and fees.
The first thing that you need to ensure is that you prepare the necessary documents for the Norway Customs. These documents include:
- Bill of lading
- Insurance documentation
- Residency permit
- Proof of ownership
- Invoice of purchase
Ways of Shipping
Any non-permanent or external parts of your car need to be removed before the delivery. As A1 Auto Transport has been shipping vehicles to Norway for many years, they are conversant with all of the shipping requirements. Prepping the vehicle before shipment ensures no delays and quarantine at the ports.
If you decide to work with the A1 Auto Transport, you can rest assured that everything will be handled without any hassle. Shipping a car to Norway from the US is likely to cost you between $2,000 and $4,600. The prices are lowest when you ship from the East coast and they escalate based on the location as well as the size of the vehicle and the delivery method. The following are the options that are laid out in front of you:
- RORO – this is the simplest way to get your vehicle shipped overseas. It is the easiest and the quickest one and the least expensive. However, you won’t get the luxury of shipping other items. You have to empty out the air conditioning gases and leave nothing but the floor mats, car jack, spare tire and a set of spare keys.
- Enclosed Shipping – This entails that your vehicle is shipped in a private container that you can fill with as many personal belongings as you want. Of course, it’s a bit more expensive and slower due to the nature of the method but it’s more convenient if you have other items or a more expensive car as it’s more protected.
Your agent should provide you with all the necessary information when choosing the shipping method and advise you on the budget. You may contact the Norwegian Embassy to get the latest updates.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?