Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Your Car To Or From Hämeenlinna, Finland
Hämeenlinna is a beautiful city in the province of Häme that is in southern Finland. It is an inland city rich in history and dubbed the oldest city in the country. Today, it is still the busiest city in Finland.
If you want to move to Hämeenlinna for professional or personal reasons, you will find that it is easier to bring your personal vehicle with you instead of always relying on public transportation to get around. While public transportation is good, it is not always available and that’s what you want. You will need the professional services of A1 Auto Transport Service to assist you in getting around and to help you learn the ins and outs of importing your vehicle from the United States to Finland.
To ship a vehicle from the U.S to Finland can cost approximately $1800 to $3900 depending on the type of vehicle you need and any other special services that may need to be figured into your import. The Gulf of Bothnia or the Baltic Sea is along the western part of Finland so shipping and deliveries are easier at the Helsinki Port.
Ways for Auto Transportation
Your shipping agent will go over methods of shipping available for you to transport your vehicle over to Finland. These options include:
- Roll On/ Roll Off – your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of a ship and then secured in a bay along with other vehicles that are using this type of service as well.
- Container shipping – the car will be packed inside a container measuring either twenty foot or forty foot in size. Once the container is loaded up, it is then sealed and placed on the deck of a ship.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Eligibility for Shipping the Car
Before a vehicle can be shipped over to Finland from the United States, you will need to make sure that you have everything needed by the Customs Authority of Finland including:
- Title deed of your vehicle
- Bill of Lading
- Authorization from a lien holder if your vehicle has a lien against it stating that you can take it out of country
- Your current driver’s license
- Owner’s Passport
- Proof of insurance in the United States and Finland
- Extra vehicle keys
- All personal belongings removed from the vehicle
- If you are shipping in the winter, your vehicle must be winterized
- Homologation has to be completed, if required.
In some cases, your vehicle can be imported to Hämeenlinna without paying any custom duties. You can find out more about duty free importing by contacting the Embassy of Finland in the United States. You will only be able to bring with you one vehicle for personal use. You will also need to learn the other rules and regulations of importing so your vehicle will not be detained or delayed. Our shipping agent can help you with any questions and concerns you may have about shipping your vehicle. You will need to trust that your shipping agent knows what they are doing and have the experience to back up all their expertise. A1 Auto Transport Service agents bring with them the knowledge needed to transport a vehicle to Finland, among other countries.