Ship Your Car To Or From Guatemala.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the United States, shipping a car to Guatemala isn’t that expensive, roughly $1,400 to $3,000 in most cases for a standard car.
- The taxes upon arrival can be high, depending on the type, year, and value of the vehicle.
What do You Need to Know.
- Depending on the exporting company, your car will likely arrive into one of two major ports: Puerto Santo Tomas de Castilla or Puerto Barrios. If you want to check out either port online, there is an option to translate information about each into English. It is worth a bit of research in advance to know what to expect in getting your vehicle once it arrives in-country.
- Opt for the marine insurance. Different than the traditional auto shipping insurance, this coverage will insure your car as it travels across the ocean to get to its destination. This may already be packaged into the cost; definitely worth investigating with your auto shipping carrier.
- Chances are that you will need to go to Florida to get your vehicle over to Guatemala. Port Everglades is, by and large, the biggest port servicing this area of the world for auto shipping.
- If you want to be uber-prepared before you go, it’s worth a call to the Guatemalan Embassy in Washington D.C. to check on specifics like the most up-to-date taxes and fees once your car has arrived in the country.
- Sailings don’t happen every day, so you really need to plan ahead. Ships with vehicles going over to Guatemala only do so, on average, every 10 to 15 days.
- Guatemala City
- San Juan Sacatepéquez
- San Miguel Petapa
- Villa Canales
- Villa Nueva
Reach out for Help When Shipping Your Car to Guatemala from the USA.
When you opt to ship a vehicle to a well-known and highly developed country, it can be challenging to know the rules. But when you are shipping to a smaller and less industrialized nation, the challenges can start to seem insurmountable. It is important to work with an auto shipping provider that not only knows the textbook rules but the cultural shifts as well. From the optimal port to which to ship to working with the locals to get your vehicle once it arrives, we can help with every step of the process.
Similar to European auto transport, Rolling On, Rolling Off remains the main method of shipping a vehicle to Guatemala. This is due to the cost efficiency and popularity of shipping out of Port Everglades, as well as a few other ports strategically situated around the Southeast.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Finances Of Shipping A Vehicle To Guatemala – It Doesn’t Have To Break The Bank.
Like any form of international shipping, there are taxes and fees incurred when shipping a car to Guatemala.
It is important to note that a departure from shipping to many other places is that the valuation method for what is owed in import duties and taxes is a combination of the cost, insurance, and freight of the vehicle. This means that depending on all of these factors, this is how you will determine the amount you will owe upon arrival.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guatemala.
- Original commercial invoice.
- Title, registration & proof of ownership.
- Ocean bill of lading (OBL).
- Receipt of payment.
- Vehicle condition report.
You don’t want to be caught without the proper documentation for yourself, your vehicle and anything else you may be bringing with you into the country. Make sure you have the proper visas in hand upon your arrival as well as when you pick up your vehicle from the shipping company.
Your car’s age will matter if you want to visit any of the surrounding countries. For instance, you cannot ship into Honduras, with the idea of driving over the border and into Guatemala, in a vehicle that is more than 10 years old. This applies for trucks as well, only the age is extended to 13 years old. Guatemala, however, has no current age restrictions on vehicles being shipped into the country.
Additional needs include a clear and free title and bill of sale for the vehicle, if applicable.
Check the Guatemalan Customs website in order to determine what items you need to declare, particularly when shipping your vehicle into the country. You might find that something so simple as a package left on your backseat can cause you quite a bit of trouble if you don’t declare it properly.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?