San Juan Sacatepéquez is a municipality in Guatemala City, Guatemala and is well known around the world for its beautiful flowers and wooden furniture. The Hotel la casa de Maco is a very popular bed and breakfast and is usually filled with tourists from around the globe as they vacation in the area. The hotel also serves as an elite residential hotel for those that relocate to the municipality for employment opportunities. While the area is relatively small with a population of around 82,000 permanent residents, it is a warm and inviting city and usually very lively with entertainment and nightlife. There are many restaurants, shopping malls and movie theaters in the area for dining out and relaxation after a long day at work. The best way to travel when in San Juan Sacatepéquez is by personal car as it is more efficient when travelling to and from nearby cities.Professional Automobile Transport.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Professional Automobile Transport.
Professional automobile transport with A-1 Auto Transport will make your overseas transportation seamless and stress free. When you contact a professional automobile transport agent they will gather some information from you about you personally as well as your automobile. You will need to give them your driver’s license and social security number so they can identify you as the owner of the automobile. They will also need to know the basic details of your car including the make, model and year so they will be able to schedule the correct size carrier to pick your car up. Since most shipments to Guatemala must leave from sea ports in Florida, they will arrange to have your car picked up at your location and transported by land to the port. The agent will explain all information to you about how international shipping works, the types of transport available and they will give you a total cost of shipping so you will know what must be paid prior to your automobile shipping out.
How Cars are shipped to San Juan Sacatepéquez.
Transport ships leaving the United States to Guatemala usually leave port from Florida once every 10 days to 2 weeks. You will be able to choose from the following shipment methods to have your car shipped to Guatemala:
- RORO – To use RORO your car must be shipped alone with nothing left inside. It is best to have the car cleaned inside as well as out prior to shipping to ensure that there is nothing left inside as well as to check for loose material that may be on the exterior of the car. You will want to disable your alarm if your alarm if one is installed on the car, have your battery fully charged, your fluids filled and your fuel needs to be around one quarter tank for shipment. Your agent will discuss all preparation you will need to make before the car is scheduled to ship.
- Enclosed Container- An enclosed container will give you plenty of room to ship your car as well as anything else that you may need to ship to San Juan Sacatepéquez along with the car. Enclosed containers are very protective and are used for large loads and for cars like classic and antique cars that need to be protected from wind, rain or sea water during transport internationally. Your agent will discuss how to prepare your car for container transport if this is the method of transport that you will need to use.
Regulations for Automobile Import.
Shipping a car from the United States to Guatemala will require following all regulations set by customs in Guatemala as well as U.S. Customs export regulations. Your agent will let you know what paperwork must be filled out and turned in to both agencies. The standard paperwork that you will need for customs in Guatemala will be:
- Passport with Guatemala stamp.
- Driver’s License.
- Automobile Insurance Certificate (Must be valid and obtained in Guatemala).
- Title of Car.
- Registration of Car.
- Proof of Car Ownership must be in your name only.
- Original Shipping Bill.
- Original Car Sales Receipt.
The Embassy of Guatemala can be contacted for a detailed list of required paperwork. They will also be able to let you know what the import duties and shipping taxes will be. You will be allowed to import one personal motor vehicle to the city. Cars must be within 10 years of age at the time of import and trucks must be within 13 years of age. All motor vehicles must pass a vehicle inspection to guarantee they are safe and ready to be driven in Guatemala. You will need to show the proof of inspection certificate to the customs agent when the car reaches the entry port in Guatemala.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.