Ship Car To Chimaltenango
Ship Your Car To Or From Chimaltenango, Guatemala
Chimaltenango serves as a capital of the Chimaltenango department as well as the seat of the municipality for the surrounding area. It stands about 35 miles away from the Guatemala City. If you intend moving to the city, it is important to work with A-1 Auto Transport service, as we have been in the business of shipping vehicles globally for years. We extend support at every step to ensure that.
The Things That You Need to Know
Your car will be shipped to one of the major ports – Puerto Barrios or Puerto Santo Tomas de Castilla. You might need to research online to get more information about ports online; you can get the information translated in English. The research is definitely worth it.
- Select the right marine insurance. This is going to ensure that the car gets to the right city. It could be already included in the cost but if it’s not, it is certainly worth discussing with the shipping carrier.
- You will mostly get your car shipped from Port Everglades in Florida, as it’s the largest port which services globally when it comes to auto shipping.
- You can also call the Embassy of Guatemala in order to be perfectly prepared for the shipping.
- You need to plan ahead as there isn’t a ship available every single day. On average, there is one ship on every fortnight.
When it comes to transporting your vehicle to an unknown location, it could be quite challenging to know all the rules. This is why you might want to work with a reliable service provider such as the A-1 Auto Transport. We are here to ensure that everything is handled as per the highest industry standards.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents and Regulations to Consider
Of course, you have to take into account the charges that you would have to pay. From the US, shipping a vehicle to Guatemala isn’t as expensive – it’s going to cost you between $1,400 and $3,000 in the majority of cases for a standard car. The taxes that you have to pay upon arrival depending on the type, value and the year of the vehicle.
It is important to understand that the taxes and fees are usually based on the CIF value of the car. This means that they might vary depending on the car. The documents that you need to provide include:
- Original invoice for purchase
- Title and Registration & ownership proof
- Ocean Bill Of Lading
- Payment receipt
- Condition report of the vehicle
Currently, there are no restrictions on the vehicles that are shipped to Guatemala. It is important to ensure that all documentation is in order as it will need to be submitted to the U. S Customs and at the border or port of Guatemala.
Ways to Ship
The main shipping method remains Roll-on/Roll-off as the least expensive and the quickest one. Your vehicle is driven on the ship and secured in place on the ship’s deck. It is driven down at the destination port. You can only ship an empty vehicle devoid of fuel, accessories and personal belongings. But if you need to move your personal items or household goods along with it, it is best to select container shipping. It offers additional security due to the fact that the container is sealed after the car and other things are packed in it.