Ship Your Car To Or From Ethiopia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Because of the distance involved in shipping a car to Ethiopia from the U.S., it is not cheap.
- Standard vehicles transported to the area generally cost between $3,600 and $7,200, with costs being higher for larger vehicle types and those shipped from the West Coast.
If an extended trip or even permanent residence in Ethiopia is in the near future, have a personal vehicle shipped there for personal use. It will give a person the freedom to travel whenever necessary without being burdened with the Horn of Africa’s public transportation, language barriers, and currency issues.
Having a personal vehicle transported from the United States to Ethiopia isn’t as difficult as it may seem. While exporting to Southern Africa is more difficult due to its strict regulations, shipping a vehicle to the Horn of Africa isn’t nearly as difficult. The regulations for vehicle shipping differ throughout the continent.
Popular Destinations In Ethiopia:
About Ethiopia and Local Travel
Being the most inhabited landlocked country in all of the worlds, Ethiopia has many roadways. Not all of the roads are in the greatest of shape, but over the past few years, local travel has become much easier with the funding raised for road construction.
Ethiopia’s topography includes Highlands, mountainous regions, valleys, and plains. There are many different things to see, especially the wildlife and culture of the country. Whether a person is there for study, employment or to reside, having a personal automobile will be very helpful with local travel.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Ethiopia
Vehicle exporting anywhere outside of the U.S. will involve specific documentation and certain requirements. It all depends on where a vehicle is being shipped to. As for Ethiopia, the requirements are rather lenient and having a vehicle shipped there from the U.S. won’t be that difficult.
What Is Needed:
- Proof of Ownership
- Title and Registration
- License and Passport
- Receipt from Importation
- Driver’s license
- Insurance certificate
- OBL with VIN #
- Import permit
- Authorization of road authority
- Letter of support
There will also be some requirements that will need to be followed and nearly 5 different taxes that will need to be paid to Ethiopian Customs. The owner of the vehicle must be present at the Port of Djibouti on the day that the vehicle is due for arrival.
Ways to Ship a Vehicle
There are different options to select from when a vehicle is to be shipped. There is the container method which comes in several sizes, and there is the RO/RO method of shipping, also referred to as the roll on, roll off method.
When other possessions are to be shipped with the vehicle, then container shipping is the method that should be chosen. The vehicle can be filled with belongings, as well as the container. The container can even be shared with another individual to help cut costs.
An alternative method would be RO/RO shipping. The RO/RO shipping method requires that the vehicle is empty. The vehicle must also be capable of rolling on and rolling off of the ship.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory