Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Mek’ele, Ethiopia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Every year, thousands of vehicles are shipped out of the U.S. and into different countries. For what Ethiopia lacks in seaports, it makes up for with an intricate system of railways and roads. Shipping regulations do vary throughout this continent, but Mek’ele has a hassle free system.
You will want to be sure that the car you are shipping has at least a quarter tank of gas, and that it is operable. If the car is missing tires or doesn’t drive, the vehicle will have to be transported in a container. Cracked or chipped windows should be repaired before the car leaves the U.S. in order to prevent the window from any further damage.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Proof of Ownership.
- Title and Registration.
- License and Passport.
- Receipt from Importation.
Before the vehicle is transported, the shipping service will evaluate the condition of the car and document any damages. Verify the dimensions of the vehicle with the shipping service to avoid being charged an oversize fee. Call the shipping service at least two weeks in advance to ensure that the vehicle can be transported on the desired date.
Preparing a Vehicle for Its Journey Overseas.
- Wash the vehicle.
- Remove all objects and flammable liquids from the vehicle.
- Check tire pressure.
- Do away with of the battery (for now).
- Document any damages and any problems the vehicle may have.
- Disable the alarm if it is possible.
There are two ways a shipping service can have a vehicle transported to Mek’ele. The first option and most cost efficient is the roll on, roll off method. For this method you will need to remove all other possessions from the vehicle and the car must be able to roll onto the vessel.
Container shipping is another more expensive option, but it is also safer. It is also more convenient because customers can store possessions within the car and inside of the container itself. If someone needs two cars transported to Mek’ele, they can save on costs by sharing the same container.