Even though Ethiopia is a landlocked country, there are various truck routes available used to transport shipped goods. A vehicle being transported overseas to Dire Dawa will first arrive in Djibouti, a neighboring country to Ethiopia. After your keys are given to the shipping company make sure to inform them of any special features the vehicle may have like how to disable the security alarm.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents that are needed to transport a vehicle overseas:
- Original Certificate of Origin.
- Bill of Sale.
- Title and Registration.
- License and Passport.
All cars should be inspected and serviced before they are transported to ensure that they are operable on arrival. Not all insurance policies cover overseas shipping, but the shipping service will have an alternative coverage option. However, shipping companies cannot insure personal property left inside of the vehicle, so it is highly recommended that all valuables are removed and transported separately.
Contact Customs about vehicle restrictions to find out whether or not transporting a vehicle to Dire Dawa, is the best option. Make sure to find out how long a license from outside of the country can be used for. A person may be required to obtain a new license depending on how long they will be in the country. Getting an international drivers license is also a good idea and can be provided by the Automobile Association.
What Methods Are Used to Transport a Vehicle Overseas?
- Roll On, Roll Off Method- This is the most cost effective way to get a vehicle transported across the ocean. It will require the customer to remove any personal possessions from the vehicle in case theft should occur.
- Container Shipping- This shipping option is best for individuals who want to have personal possessions transported with their vehicle. It is also a more expensive method, but the container provides four walls of protection against weather conditions and theft.
After the ship has sailed with the vehicle on deck, all documentation provided will then be mailed back to the customer. If the person shipping the vehicle will not be in Dire Dawa to pick it up, another candidate of their choosing is permitted to do so. This person will be required to provide a photo ID, title and a letter of permission in order to get the vehicle off the lot.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?