Ship Your Car To Or From Diriamba, Nicaragua
Located in the Department of Carazo of Nicaragua, the city of Diriamba is 41 km west of the capital of Nicaragua, Managua. The elevation is a little over 500 meters above sea level and sits just where the weather is mild throughout the year. Diriamba is well known for its breathtaking beach views and may attract tourist throughout the year. The beaches are easy to get to, just thirty minutes from the big city where there is also restaurants, bars, and hotels to stay at.
If you want to import your vehicle from the United States to Nicaragua, you will most likely leave in a port located in Florida. With A1 Auto Transport Service, you can either choose to have your vehicle picked up at your home and then delivered to the port or you can drive the vehicle to a port to where it will be shipped. If you have an expensive or luxury vehicle, you may want to choose the container shipping option which will allow you to place your vehicle inside a container during shipment. If you don’t mind the vehicle being exposed to the elements of weather, you can save some money by choosing the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method.
A vehicle imported to Nicaragua can run anywhere from $1,300 to $3,500 more. Your vehicle will also be subject to paying consumption taxes which is determined by the engine displacement so this means that the larger your vehicle, the larger the engine which means the higher the tax.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Nicaragua
It’s important that you have a copy of all the necessary paperwork required for importing a vehicle to Nicaragua. A copy of this paperwork can be given to A1 Auto Transport Service. You will need a copy of the following:
- Your current and valid driver’s license
- Your current passport
- Proof that you have owned the car for at least six months prior to shipping
- Certification from the Nicaraguan Consulate in U.S
- Purchase agreement or invoice
- Original Bill of Lading
- Original title from the United States
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Other Costs For Shipping A Car To Nicaragua
There are other costs for shipping your vehicle that you can choose from which includes additional insurance. The insurance you purchase will protect your vehicle while it is in transit. The coverage and the amount you will pay will be determined by the size of your vehicle, the shipping method you choose, and the weight of your vehicle. You will also need to pay any import taxes, inspections, and port-imposed taxes issued by Nicaraguan Customs. The length of your vehicle will also be taken into consideration since the length will determine how much space the vehicle will take up on the trip. The Nicaraguan Treasury Department can also charge a levy tax on your vehicle if deemed necessary. A1 Auto Transport Service can provide you with more information on all of these expenses as they determine the right price to give you as a quote.
You can import either a used or new vehicle to Nicaragua as long as you have the necessary paperwork on hand. However, if the vehicle is over ten years, it will most likely not be allowed to be imported into the country unless you have it categories and deemed a classic vehicle. Taxes will be paid appropriately based on the value of the vehicle and the make and model. When your vehicle is loaded onto the deck of the ship using the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method, you will need to ensure that your vehicle is ready. This includes:
- Making sure there is only 1/4 tank of fuel
- Make sure that no fluids are leaking out; washer fluid, oil, etc.
- It is cleaned both inside and out
- There are no parts that are loose, no tears, and no openings
- All alarms including Anti-theft devices are turned off.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?