Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Chalcis
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Chalcis, Greece
Located on the island of Euboea, Chalcis can be found just steps away from the Euripus Channel which separates Euboea from the mainland of Greece. While visiting Greece, you may want to venture toward Chalcis, the famous city which offers a lot to the tourists throughout the year. Whether you are coming to visit, to go to school, or to seek employment, you will find something that you love.
Chalcis offers public transportation and it is easy to use in order to get around. However, if you plan on a long visit or if you want to live in Greece, you may want to consider bringing your own vehicle (to Greece) over with you instead. This will allow you to save money that you would normally be spending on public transportation and using it to pay your own gas for your vehicle. You will be able to go wherever you want to go, when you want to go.
You will first need to hire A1 Auto Transport Service which will help you throughout the importing process. These trained professionals can offer more than twenty years of experience, which will put your mind at ease when importing. Your import will need to go to a port that accepts passenger vehicles; Port of Piraeus is the biggest port in Europe for delivering vehicles.
You will first need to gather up all your paperwork needed to successfully transport your vehicle from the United States port to a port in Europe. A-1 Auto Transport Service agent will be able to assist you in gathering all the necessary objects.
Vehicle Use for Visitors
While you are in Greece, you can ship over your motorcycle, your car or your recreational vehicle without paying duty for a period of six months. While your vehicle is there, you won’t be able to sell it to anyone. Only family members will be allowed to drive your vehicle while in Greece. Your vehicle will need to have the proper ID which includes license plate, a current registration card, and valid insurance proof in the vehicle at all times. If your tags run out while you are in Greece, you can apply for temporary tags through Greece.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you plan to make your stay permanent, you can import your vehicle without being charged any duty because customs considers vehicles a part of household goods. You simply need to show proof of residency when your vehicle is being cleared at customs. You will need to apply for permits through the Greek Consulate located in the United States. If you are of Greek ancestry, you have married a Greek citizen, or if you have a permanent work permit in Greece, you will need to have proof of these when filling out your paperwork.
Anyone who is permanently moving to Greece from the United States or another country may qualify for tax free status. Here are some considerations:
- You will need to show proof of residence for a period of at least two years.
- Your vehicle must be owned by you for a period of at least six months before your import date
- All new vehicles will need to pay VAT payments and fees to get the vehicle legal no matter what.
- All vehicles, both new and used, must have vehicle tags, registration, and insurance
- No vehicle can be sold for a minimum of one year after import if your vehicle comes into the country of Greece duty-free.
You will need the following documents in order to successfully import your vehicle from the United States to Greece:
- W-2 Form or IT Return
- Receipts from rent and property taxes paid
- Proof of employment prior to moving to Greece
- Any utility bills that have your name and address on it
- A valid passport for yourself and your family that is coming to live in Greece
- Work permit/proof of Greek Citizenship, or residency
- Insurance, driver’s license, and vehicle registration
Greece requires that the vehicles coming into the country passes the emissions and noise tests including a general inspection before it can be released to drive on Greek roads. You will need to schedule these tests prior to your vehicle being imported. Learn more about the rules and regulations by checking with the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks.