Thimphu is both the economic and political capital of the Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan with dominant livestock and agricultural base. With a rugged and mountainous topography, it is scenic with meandering rivers and deep valleys.
Hire a professional company to help you
Whether you are coming here for an extended visit or have become a citizen, importing your vehicle from USA is a desirable endeavor. Local transportation does not meet all needs as it is quite scarce so having a personal vehicle is extremely useful. There are roads but due to the rugged terrain, roads are rough and steep, so regular vehicle maintenance becomes crucial.
So before you decide to import your car to Thimphu do not forget to consider the unfavorable terrains for car journeys. The roads are not suitable for light, small vehicles, but only heavy duty cars will be able to withstand the wear and tear that it will invariably undergo. Now once you have decided to ship your vehicle to this Himalayan country, take your time to learn the associated rules and regulations.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Thimphu
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Thimphu||$275||$2500||5+39 days|
|Thimphu to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$2300||5+38 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Thimphu||$400||$2500||5+39 days|
|Thimphu to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$2300||5+38 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Thimphu||$550||$2300||6+38 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Thimphu||$575||$2500||6+39 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Thimphu||$675||$2500||6+39 days|
|Thimphu to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$2300||7+38 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Thimphu||$800||$2500||6+39 days|
|Thimphu to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$2300||7+38 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Regulations for shipping your vehicle to Thimphu.
During shipment, it is important to provide relevant documents to the Bhutan Road Safety and Transport Authority for verification. You will need to meet the required restrictions for the process. These include:
- Presence of import license for vehicle issued by Bhutanese Royal government.
- Used or old vehicles are allowed, only if they are owned by UN or authoritative of diplomatic and international missions.
- Do not forget to produce the vehicle registration and the title.
- You will also need to present a current and validated license, passport, and picture ID car.
- Proof of vehicle insurance and ownership of the vehicle are important as well.
Necessary documentations and restrictions related to import a vehicle to Bhutan may change. So remain abreast with the situation when importing your car from the US. For the current information, you can contact the Bhutanese embassy.
The different methods for shipping the car.
Two main methods are prevalent and you can make your choice based upon the available budget and the feasibility in your case. Bhutan is a landlocked region, thus shipment will be delivered at Kolkata, India and then the vehicle will need to be driven to Thimphu. As the owner, you will have to be there to receive your vehicle besides arranging its pickup. If you use the services of international shipping agents such as A1 Auto Transport service, we can help you through all documentation processes, can help you clear customs and deliver your vehicle to the city of your choice. However, we can assist you through the different procedures and can help with the delivery in Thimphu.
The most common procedures for shipping the vehicle are container shipping and RORO. In the container shipping method your vehicle is secured within 20 feet or 40 feet container that you can share with others or choose one of your own. You can also ship various car accessories and other household goods along with the car in the container. While when you use the Roll-on/Roll-Off method, the car is driven via ramp on the ship and comes down the same way. However, you need to remove air conditioning gas, clean the car and only keep a spare tire, jack and floor mats.
If you need more information about shipping the car to Thimphu, you can contact A1-Auto Transport Company or call in the Embassy of Bhutan.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August